Because we enjoy good company and good food.

Where would you like to eat this next meeting?

Damons (13 by Airport)
71%
Golden Dove (13/141)
No votes
0%
Lonestar (13S after Hare's Corner)
No votes
0%
IHOP (Duh!)
No votes
0%
Appleby's (13/40 Walmart)
14%
TGI Friday's (13 by BJ's)
No votes
0%
Ruby Tuesday's (7/40)
14%
Hollywood Grill (202/141)
No votes
0%
 #418  by Wynder

Clicky clicky. :)
 #424  by dave_in_delaware

I'm not going to vote on this one, because I'm fine w/ any of those choices. I'll let it up to the other members to decide.

I have open carried in a few of those places w/ no problems.
 #426  by Wynder

Suggest some dates then?
 #430  by dave_in_delaware

Dates? I thought we were focusing on places first?

Well then.... are we sticking w/ a weeknight? Or are we going to do a weekend shoot-n-eat again? (Hey, wait, that doesn't sound right....)

I'm available May 1-6, 8, 13, 15-20, 22, 27, and 29-31. Does that help narrow it down? LOL.

Also, for future meetings (#7-10), since the weather should be getting nicer and warmer, we should maybe think about gathering at someone's house and having a cookout or something. My fiancee offered her house as a base for a meeting. We can cook on the grill, or I have a special coupon for a Papa John's "pizza party" (50% off entire order, up to $100 off) we could use.... Just an idea to think about for future meetings.
 #432  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:Dates? I thought we were focusing on places first?

Also, for future meetings (#7-10), since the weather should be getting nicer and warmer, we should maybe think about gathering at someone's house and having a cookout or something. My fiancee offered her house as a base for a meeting. We can cook on the grill, or I have a special coupon for a Papa John's "pizza party" (50% off entire order, up to $100 off) we could use.... Just an idea to think about for future meetings.
Well, the date is pretty independent of the location, so we may as well kill two birds with one stone -- right now my month is open except for May 11th (Mother's Day) and May 28th (My birthday :P). I think sticking to a Thursday night might be good.

I love the idea about a cookout -- I'll volunteer to cook for Jun+, but then we need to figure out a decent way of obtaining contributions to buy grill-appropriate food to sizzle up. :)
 #433  by Wynder

Also might be out of town the weekend of the 17th...
 #437  by Mr. Bruce

I also would like to offer a cookout location. I live right by the deaf school on rte 4. in newark. (NOT city limits) I would be happy to host a cookout. Let me know.
 #439  by stephpd

A little early in the season for this but I'll offer my house for a summer time cookout. Have a inground pool (25,000 gal) and a fairly large backyard. My wife thinks I'm a little nuts for carrying a gun and meeting the people in this group may go a long way to changing her mind. She's curious to find out what type of loons I'm hanging out with too.

Living in a large family the best way I've seen is a covered dish type thing.Bring one of your favorite side dishes or chips and soda if you can't cook. Host buys the meat. Burgers, hot dogs,bbq chicken. My wife gets these boxes of Kansas City steak burgers delivered every few months that taste great.

The cookouts would be better for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon instead of a Thursday night.

Until the summer comes around I still like the midweek late dinner. Crowds are lower and it's easier to get a few tables together. I voted for the first one on the list since a couple others had already voted for it. Doesn't really make much difference to me which one we go to. It's more about the company then where we eat. Change of venue is nice though.
 #441  by Wynder

Definitely, Steve -- when we do BBQ's, and I'm able to bring along the wife and kids, I could probably swing a weekend afternoon.

Mrmmm.... steak.
 #444  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:... My wife thinks I'm a little nuts for carrying a gun and meeting the people in this group may go a long way to changing her mind. She's curious to find out what type of loons I'm hanging out with too.
I'm sure she'll be thrilled when my "loon" fiancee shows up packing heat, too. ;)

That's an awesome offer for your place as a meeting location, too! Sounds like we'll be good through the summer w/ places to hang out. :geek: