Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many?

36%
64%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
5+
No votes
0%
 #96587  by dave_in_delaware

Let's get a jump on planning May's meeting.

The weather should (hopefully) be warmer and nicer, so would any member here like to volunteer to host May's meeting at their place?

Note: If you have any questions about hosting/attending a gathering at a member's home, please refer to this thread. It should explain things.
 #97543  by dave_in_delaware

Thread bump. Any volunteers for next month?
 #97698  by XD40coyote

I'd be fine for something off 40 not far from the state line, but doesn't have to be Hibachi Grill this time, but I'm ok if it is. Or something up Elkton road but before the congestion of the downtown Newark. I personally like anything public, as I feel open carry is for the public to see. But I totally understand that you are close nit and like to hang out at member's houses.
 #97708  by Boots

XD40coyote wrote:I'd be fine for something off 40 not far from the state line, but doesn't have to be Hibachi Grill this time, but I'm ok if it is. Or something up Elkton road but before the congestion of the downtown Newark. I personally like anything public, as I feel open carry is for the public to see. But I totally understand that you are close nit and like to hang out at member's houses.
Not to worry!

We'll help you any way we can, no matter where the meeting is held we'll help you get there safely.
 #97709  by harr2969

Just a suggestion regarding the 'why' of open carry. Political activism is important, and within this site, you will probably find a lot of support for that as a reason to carry. As far as anyone else is concerned though, I would suggest 'for protection' is always the right answer. When someone else can schedule criminal activity for a convenient time and place is when we don't need to carry everywhere for our protection. Just my 2 cents.
 #97712  by harr2969

Note: some folks have made a bad impression by giving 'it's my right' or 'because I can' as an answer, and while these are true, I suggest it's not the best answer.
 #97715  by Boots

harr2969 wrote:Just a suggestion regarding the 'why' of open carry. Political activism is important, and within this site, you will probably find a lot of support for that as a reason to carry. As far as anyone else is concerned though, I would suggest 'for protection' is always the right answer. When someone else can schedule criminal activity for a convenient time and place is when we don't need to carry everywhere for our protection. Just my 2 cents.
harr2969 wrote:Note: some folks have made a bad impression by giving 'it's my right' or 'because I can' as an answer, and while these are true, I suggest it's not the best answer.
:?: :?: :?:

Wrong Thread?
 #97717  by XD40coyote

Looks like a got a sidetrack going...

I do want to add, that the lady I was with said that she would like to go to more monthly meets, so I would likely be with her, but if she can't make it, I'd try to come alone. I need to learn the roads though, so that's why Rt 40 and the Newark Elkton rd appeal to me. My Elkton land is very close to Newark, so it has given me a reason to be in the area anyway. However I have to do things slowly so as to not stress my shy nervous aspie self out! At least I am finally coming out of my shell. I moved to HDG last july and have been in some sort of shock survival mode.
 #97720  by harr2969

Boots, it was where I intended it to be, but maybe I could have better introduced it as a response to coyote's comment on carrying so the public can see. It was a sidetrack. :-)
 #97721  by WPCatfish

XD40coyote wrote:. But I totally understand that you are close nit and like to hang out at member's houses.

There are amenities at some members' houses including swimming pools and/or private shooting ranges.