Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #9935  by dave_in_delaware

With Meeting #13 scheduled and on track for next Tuesday, I figured it couldn't hurt to start planning next month's meeting now. :D

Plus I'd like to hear what other members want to do. We could keep it on a weeknight for dinner like we usually do. Or we could try for a Saturday morning and hit the range and then brunch. Or maybe have a meal first and then go shoot (cold weather training is good, right?). Or maybe the Monday night thing at DSPC...

Let's hear your thoughts and ideas....

I'm available February 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 14-17, 19, 23, 24, 26-28....
Last edited by dave_in_delaware on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:41 am, edited 5 times in total. Reason: Added poll for Hibachi location
 #9942  by George

how upscale?
 #9943  by dave_in_delaware

Hopefully not so upscale as to be required to wear a particular "level" of clothing, or take out a second mortgage (like Harry's Savoy Grill)....

Maybe Bertucci's on route 202? That's a nice place... Or Hibachi Grill? you gotta love watching them make your food.... Something along those lines?

I know we usually try to keep the restaurant selection more on the "cheap" side since many of us have families, and the economy is so crappy. Maybe it's time to splurge?

Hand over your refund checks to DELOC's Dinner Fund! LMAO.....
 #9950  by Jacques

dave_in_delaware wrote:Hopefully not so upscale as to be required to wear a particular "level" of clothing, or take out a second mortgage (like Harry's Savoy Grill)....

Maybe Bertucci's on route 202? That's a nice place... Or Hibachi Grill? you gotta love watching them make your food.... Something along those lines?

I know we usually try to keep the restaurant selection more on the "cheap" side since many of us have families, and the economy is so crappy. Maybe it's time to splurge?

Hand over your refund checks to DELOC's Dinner Fund! LMAO.....
I wasn't suggesting anything that would require a dress code... Bertucci's, Hibachi Grill, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Macaroni, Thursday's?, Friday's?, Tuesday's? ( :pointlaugh: isn't there one in the Christiana Mall? :sparring: )
 #9974  by stephpd

I have a craving for some hot wings but I'm sure that will pass before February. Might have to do something about that this Sunday.

I haven't mapped out my schedule for that month yet. Just came off a backwards double shift and not alert yet. I'm up for most anyplace. Something like Olive Garden sounds good. Don't want Brenda to here about Red Lobster, we end up spending way to much money every time we go there.

It seems January has been a fairly cold month and February tends to be even colder. That's why it's the shortest month, get it over with quicker. Not sure I want to freeze my butt off before getting something to eat.

Man turning 50 turned me into a cranky old man. :roll:
 #9977  by DragonJames

Haibachi's sounds good, and its not too far out of my way, even if its a bit pricey, i'd pull some money to go there anytime. Can't make this months meeting, but I'd love to make next months. :pbjtime:

stephpd wrote: Don't want Brenda to here about Red Lobster, we end up spending way to much money every time we go there.
last time I went there my then g/f ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, thing was $40 :poed: just barely had enough to pay
 #9978  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:Man turning 50 turned me into a cranky old man. :roll:
Are you sure you weren't like that at 49, too?? ;)
DragonJames wrote:last time I went there my then g/f ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, thing was $40
I guess that's why she's an Ex-girlfriend. :twisted:
 #9979  by DragonJames

dave_in_delaware wrote:
DragonJames wrote:last time I went there my then g/f ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, thing was $40
I guess that's why she's an Ex-girlfriend. :twisted:
one of the reasons :D
 #9980  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:
stephpd wrote:Man turning 50 turned me into a cranky old man. :roll:
Are you sure you weren't like that at 49, too?? ;)
:pointlaugh: Probably always been cranky. But 49 isn't OLD :o

With the wife at Red Lobster I'll tend to spend a C note for one meal. :poed: