NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ.
 #104009  by pick_six

Recently I posted about the Sussex county courthouse "prank" and the post appears to have been deleted.

Was there an issue or problem with the post? Or perhaps I just missed it in looking?

If a moderator could please advise. Thanks
 #104015  by USUTI

Waiting for answer to why post that shows regime employs in uncontrolled, dangerous, and unsafe use of their weapon was removed. Is Matt Den the moderator? interesting when its a regime employ in trouble its personal we can not have any info. But god forbid its a average citizen the justice department will put out any info they can personal, private, and prejudicial or not. I just joined looks like maybe I thought the mind set of this crowd was different, but now a day you never know where they have infiltrated.
 #104018  by dave_in_delaware

I was not the moderator who deleted the post(s) but there could be any number of reasons a post was deleted:

requested
duplicate post
spam
misinformation
profanity
personal attacks
racial slurs
etc
etc
 #104022  by pick_six

none of the above sir. maybe request? maybe some did, but it seems relevant in this day and age, especially with the assault on the 2a rights of johnq and carve outs for some.

i did state that the trusted, people given express license to carry in places most are prohibited, a bailiff in a courtroom, are not exempt from stupidity. a prosecutor and a bailiff arranged a "prank" to pull a gun on another prosecutor... see the storys below...

and i also compared it to being as stupid as the ?ag? that was nabbed for ?sexual assault? on a minor in ncc a year ago or so. (both stories can be researched as news, not personal attacks)

if the moving mod would please note any offense, i would be interested. one of these articles called the prank "ill advised". to say the least... if johnq were caught doing this on the street, the list of charges would probably be interesting, to say the least. so yeah, ill advised is an understatement

http://www.wmdt.com/news/more-local-new ... s/31457150

http://6abc.com/news/bailiff-suspended- ... se/532846/
dave_in_delaware wrote:I was not the moderator who deleted the post(s) but there could be any number of reasons a post was deleted:

requested - perhaps someone did request
duplicate post - did not see it previously posted
spam- don't believe so
misinformation - quoted delaware online. maybe that was it... other sources here
profanity - none of george carlin's magic words were used
personal attacks - i didn't mention anyone by name, just job title. bailiff, prosecutor, ag
racial slurs - didn't mention, i do not know the race of anyone else involved in the story. race was not specifically mentioned in the article. i do not personally know the name of anyone involved in this incident.
etc - i did not et or cet or rah
etc
 #104030  by NCC

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13

Please read #5 and then return here.

I have a forum too, unrelated to guns. This conversation never ceases to amaze me. Especially when entered as a public message rather than PM'd to a moderator or webmaster.

Everyone needs to remember that we are a guest in acquaintances' homes. Using their property. They have every right to police the forum and to eliminate anything inappropriate, or that they simply do not like.

Remember, it is only censorship when done by the government. When the host does it that is their right.

Why yes indeed, I am an opinionated old fart. But willing to listen to yours too.
 #104031  by dave_in_delaware

Thanks NCC. I was going to type a few reminders in my previous response, but decided not to do that.
 #104041  by pick_six

Again, ive just asked for clarification. If the removing mod would please respond, either here or via pm, that would be great. Thanks.
 #104055  by NCC

pick_six wrote:Again, ive just asked for clarification. If the removing mod would please respond, either here or via pm, that would be great. Thanks.
And I think you are entitled to that and someone needs to man up and tell you why they deleted it. In a PM of course.
 #104057  by pick_six

While a private site is private, and run at the discretion of the owners, the issue I've posted about seems more relevant to 2a things then many posted.

While on jury duty in Wilmington a good many years back, I was threatened with arrest for trying to take lunch l, purchased at a sub shop on market street, back i to the building. A sub, dangerous but not deadly, and a bottle of Snapple. ("You can dispose of it out there as you wish, or come through security and be arrested.")

Now, "only LEO's should have guns".there may be a fine line on Leo,s and bailiffs, but in my mind, drawing down on someone, courthouse, a bailiff, and the guy who would have prosecuted a man with a bottle of Snapple, ... enough said.

My apologies for asking again, but it doesn't seem much could be more relevant.
NCC wrote:
pick_six wrote:Again, ive just asked for clarification. If the removing mod would please respond, either here or via pm, that would be great. Thanks.
And I think you are entitled to that and someone needs to man up and tell you why they deleted it. In a PM of course.
 #104091  by Boots

Actually, I'm curious also.