NEW MEMBERS, PLEASE READ.
 #33726  by BWomble

Moved to DE in '69, job transfer am currently living in Bear. Got a few older SIGS as the newer ones with the rails do nothing for me. A few 1911's S&W revolvers 44 HE, .38-44 Mod 20's, K-22 and K-38 and a few others, some Colt revolvers, Mostly Model 1873's. Some TC contenders from 22 RF, .22 Hornet, .22 FireBall. 6.5 and 7MM TCU and a .300 whisper

I did a fair amout of CAS shooting with the real gunpowder, Black, pistols .45 Colt, Pistoles and rifles in .44-40, and older marlin in .38-40, some original Remi RB's Trapdoors in .45 & .50-70, and a Sharps Carbine in .50.70. Almost forgot the small BP's a.3855, and .40-65.

Have been afraid to compete for a while because of some loss of use in off hand, left.

Oh yes a Webley .455 un-altered,
 #33727  by WPCatfish

Welcome aboard, Cowboy!
 #33728  by Jason

Welcome, Nice Collection!
 #33733  by GatorDude

Welcome! Pull up a chair and stay awhile....
 #33735  by BWomble

Thanks all.

Catfish 16399L, Trapdoor Billy in Cowboy land. To be honest I shot all LRR with one of my RB, but Rolling Block Billy just didn't sound right. I shot quite a bit at Brandywine, and Seaford a few times, some places in NJ, PA. Most of my close friends were in Lexington, VA, always shot their Blue Ridge Roundup and their Charity matches that they held, and the NC State championship. They were some fun years and I do miss it. Friends at Lexington thought i was nuts whenI started shooting a Spencer Carbine as my main match rifle, but I had already taken a few 1st and 2nd place awards at those matches in FCD at some of their Charity matches so I decided I wanted to have more fun and bucked the trend of fast and furious to slow and deliberate, the plaques stopped at that point But I didn't care. I think my last shoot was in 2002. I can still smell the wonderful aroma of BP though.
 #33748  by myopicvisionary

Oh yes a Webley .455 un-altered,
MkVI?
 #33767  by Tony T

Welcome to Deloc!

Nice collection. I'm a bit of a Colt collector myself. Just bought my first Colt SAA a few weeks ago and I felt like smacking myself upside the head for missing out for so long. Everyone should have at least one Colt SAA in .45 Colt. Problem is, for me at least, owning one just makes me want more. :lol:

I've been a 1911 shooter for a long, long time now. The .45acp was unquestionably my favorite cartridge. The .45/1911 combo was the sexiest gun alive to me. Until I bought my SAA that is. There's just something beautiful about an 1873, the way her rump looks and fills my hand. It's like a female version of the 1911. :D

And the .45 Colt is a fantastic cartridge from a shooter's standpoint. It's kind of like a magnum .45acp with a heavier bullet. :D

This is just my opinion of course, but every red blooded 2A supporter should bestow a Colt SAA upon their child at birth. Preferably the finest, oldest example available. Everyone should know what it's like to sit back at the end of their life, hold generations of American history in their hands, and think about the person long gone who gave it to them. /Besides, it's the ultimate BBQ gun.

Mmmmmm, BBQ!

No, sadly they are not mine. :cry:
 #33774  by Boots

Tony T wrote:... I'm a bit of a Colt collector myself. Just bought my first Colt SAA a few weeks ago and I felt like smacking myself upside the head for missing out for so long. Everyone should have at least one Colt SAA in .45 Colt. ....
Agreed! One day I'll have one too. 8-)
 #33777  by GatorDude

OMG, Tony! Those Colts are just damn gorgeous! :applause: Too bad they ain't yours!