Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Transporting Firearms
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:22 pm 

Hello All, I am new to this site and have a question that a LEO friend can’t give a definitive answer. Can a person with a CCDW permit carry a firearm on school property, Public or Private ? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:56 pm 

I have used this site quite a bit since I have moved to Delaware and it has been very helpful. Thank you to all that contribute!

Originally from the Democratic People's Republic of NJ and their record with gun control is only getting more asinine.

I do not have a CCDW and this is how I transport my firearms when going to a range (also the same way when I lived in the DPRNJ):

All weapons are unloaded and cased with a padlock securing the zippers.

All ammo in a separate bag compartment or container and padlocked.

All magazines in a separate bag compartment or container and padlocked.

All of that placed in a truck box outside of the passenger compartment and locked.

I think that is more than sufficient for DE. However, could I be given grief for simply walking to the truck to place those items in the truck box?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:56 am 

Duffer1954 wrote:
Hello All, I am new to this site and have a question that a LEO friend can’t give a definitive answer. Can a person with a CCDW permit carry a firearm on school property, Public or Private ? Thanks.

Since no one has responded I’ll try, my understanding after research is that a de ccdw provides an affirmative defense from being charged in violation of gfsza, HOWEVER in my findings that is only for the 1000’ bubble around the school but it would still not be legal to carry in school buildings or on the actual property even with a de ccdw ....with a few exceptions...like LEO on duty/acting in official capacity.....approved school function like schools that have shooting teams etc......perhaps someone else will not chime in to correct me if I’m wrong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:04 am 

DPRNJ wrote:
I have used this site quite a bit since I have moved to Delaware and it has been very helpful. Thank you to all that contribute!

Originally from the Democratic People's Republic of NJ and their record with gun control is only getting more asinine.

I do not have a CCDW and this is how I transport my firearms when going to a range (also the same way when I lived in the DPRNJ):

All weapons are unloaded and cased with a padlock securing the zippers.

All ammo in a separate bag compartment or container and padlocked.

All magazines in a separate bag compartment or container and padlocked.

All of that placed in a truck box outside of the passenger compartment and locked.

I think that is more than sufficient for DE. However, could I be given grief for simply walking to the truck to place those items in the truck box?

If that is not a rhetorical question, no you should have not be given any issues with carrying items in that condition to your vehicle for transport.

Im sure you realize you are far exceeding the actual legal requirements for intrastate transport, but if your theory is go way above to law for a “safety cushion” then you’re good :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15