Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #102089  by porsche060

What is the ID law for Delaware if no crime is being committed (walking in street in general, opencarry, riding a bike etc). If an officer asks for ID (license) do you need to have it on you show it as I realize every state in different...
 #102098  by Glockamole

Id you are not driving you don't need to carry id. I believe that's every state. Not everyone drives in the us and they are not mandated to get a id only card. If you are not suspected of a crime you don't even need to give a name I believe. Even if conceal carry no law says you need to carry your ccw on you on delaware from what I read. Im sure having it will help keep the stop quick and easy. Hope this link helps a bit. http://www.knowmyrights.org/knowledgeba ... to-show-id
 #102127  by myopicvisionary

If you have a CCDW, keep it on your person!
 #102131  by Bullpup

Isn't this the stated reason for opposition to voter ID laws? That not everyone can get an ID? They couldn't demand that everyone carry ID while at the same time saying that voter ID laws are wrong because some people can't get ID.
 #102132  by MrCoolDale

Bullpup wrote:Isn't this the stated reason for opposition to voter ID laws? That not everyone can get an ID? They couldn't demand that everyone carry ID while at the same time saying that voter ID laws are wrong because some people can't get ID.
It is one of the many reasons against requiring ID for voting.

OP, the best way to look at it is this:
Am I required to have an ID on my person? You can not be required to furnish something you aren't required to have. I can't show you my Ferrari as I don't have a Ferrari. If you aren't operating a motor vehicle on public roads, you are not required to carry identification.
 #102133  by dean

You don't need to provide physical ID (unless you're detained while operating a motor vehicle and need to produce a driver's license).

There's no stop and ID law.

You don't have to identify yourself unless you're being legally detained.

In the event of a legal detainment you must provide, name, address, business abroad, and destination.

I'm not sure about CCW. I imagine you'd only need to produce it if an officer knew you were carrying concealed but if you're carrying concealed then how would they know you're carrying?