Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #104214  by shutedog

Ok I'm a new handgun owner and want to follow the law as to avoid any troubles. the other day I wanted to go to my first range. Well the closest indoor one I found was in Pennsylvania.
My question is can I as a Delaware resident Open carry in Pennsylvania? I was looking at Delawares website on reciprocity and did not see Pennsylvania listed for Concealed carry.
 #104216  by Glockamole

You might want to review the laws yourself before going out of state. Obviously in Delaware you can open carry walking around or while you drive as long as the handgun is visible. No restrictions on where you're going or anything. Now PA laws are different. You cannot drive around PA with a gun in your car without a valid permit from ANY state. So if you have a Delaware carry permit then driving around PA with the gun in the car is ok. If you don't have any conceal carry permits then it must be locked in the trunk and you must go directly to and from the range. So if you don't have a carry permit then before you hit PA unload and lock it in the trunk and then drive to the range in PA. Technically without a permit from any state you can't even open carry in pa as they have a small list of exemptions to where you can go to with your firearm. Driving to a town in pa to go shopping and then you open carry is not an exemption to the travel restrictions.
 #104242  by Mirlen

PA also has the good'ol state of emergency thing which makes open carry without a permit illegal if a state of emergency is in effect.