Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #105392  by hukuzatuna

phlydude wrote:No firearms signs hold no legal warning or precedence in Delaware - if they don't see and don't ask, you are not obligated to leave a business because of a sign
That's interesting. What sort of notification is a legal warning? Do they have to approach you and ask you to leave? Is the posted notice sufficient as "asking you to leave," therefore making it trespass and they can just call the police? As someone else noticed, you certainly don't want to be arrested.

Are there any lawyers in the group who can help with these kinds of things? If not, I may contact my divorce attorney, who used to be the Delaware assistant AG and see if he can advise me on some of the finer aspects of the law here.

Cheers,
Phil
 #105396  by phlydude

They have to inform you in person of their preference that you not carry a weapon into their establishment. Once they ask you to leave, you must do so or you will be considered a person in trespass.

If someone asks you to "cover" or "hide" your weapon and you do not have a permit to carry concealed, ask them why they are asking you to commit a felony and do NOT cover your weapon. Most times they will become a muttering, stuttering idiot and may or may not leave you be.
But once they ask you to leave, announce your intention that you will be leaving and make your way to the exit.
Do not be confrontational, be respectful and follow their wishes...and take your business elsewhere.

There are plenty of threads on this particular issue...read some of the carry logs by the members here for an idea of where you may or may have an issue.

Myopicvisionary gets around both in and out of state and has a great long running log of where carry is accepted (if noticed). Lots of looks, nods, "the question" and "the answer".
Amy Blackthorn and KuntryBoy816 also have extensive carry logs to read through going back years.
 #106037  by Mirlen

myopicvisionary wrote:Thank you Phlydude!
When's the book coming out?