Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #104522  by DuramaxLLY7

New join here and future DE resident! I have a question for you all. I have read threw mulitple postings already but have not yet seen anything as specific to mine but first I am an unfortunate NJ resident from right over the bridge in Salem county. I will be moving across the bridge shortly after the first of the year in 2016 to Smyrna area after I return home and exit the military. In time once I am settled in to my new place I will be looking to obtain a CC permit but untill then I will prefer OC anyways. My question is does anyone live in or around Smyrna that OC that can give me some insite of how accepting the community around there is of OC. I have seen alot of post's about up around the Middletown area where my sister lives but havent read anything about around Smyrna or Kent County itself. Most readings I have come across seem to be in New Castle. I do know and am aware of Dover and there permit for both. I thank you for taking time to read over and look forward to your feedback!
 #104547  by stephpd

Surprisingly, Most folks on this forum are in the upper part of New Castle County. There have been incidents in the past but that was years ago. Anymore all the police are well aware that OC is legal. Not all the citizens, but far too often they don't even see the gun. This goes for the whole state. As long as you're not carrying in the few places where it's prohibited most folks have no problem at all.

Welcome, if a bit premature, to DE and OC as you please.
 #104617  by TexasJay

stephpd wrote:Surprisingly, Most folks on this forum are in the upper part of New Castle County. There have been incidents in the past but that was years ago. Anymore all the police are well aware that OC is legal. Not all the citizens, but far too often they don't even see the gun. This goes for the whole state. As long as you're not carrying in the few places where it's prohibited most folks have no problem at all.

Welcome, if a bit premature, to DE and OC as you please.
This^^^^^

Welcome. Don't imagine you get to shoot much in Finland.
 #104635  by DuramaxLLY7

Great. Thank you for the insight. We are really looking forward to making the move across the bridge in January.

TexasJay your unfortunetly right. Only get to fire around here when we have range days and they are only every 4-6 months or so and were there for maybe there an hr. Since I have been in country I have only been to the range 2 times and I have been here since June last year. Thats why the 3 times I have flew home on leave I spent every waking moring at the range.
 #104745  by DuramaxLLY7

Last edited by DuramaxLLY7 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #104746  by David

Have OC'd in Sussex for years. Never had an issue, never heard of an issue.