Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #105193  by airman1968

Can I open carry on my way to and from the range in DE? And walk into the range Holstered?
 #105194  by Owen

airman1968 wrote:Can I open carry on my way to and from the range in DE? And walk into the range Holstered?
Do you mean the Ommelanden Range? I've been told by them (while open carrying) that as State Wildlife Land I cannot carry there open or concealed.

I just stop on the side of the road and disarm before pulling in then load up on the side of the road when I leave.
 #105195  by Kuntryboy816

I was told the same as Owen... although when I walked in to the building to pay, no one said a word about my holstered pistol... when I went to sign in the RO checked my ammo, asked me what I was shooting and I pointed to my hip and he said absolutley nothing about the holstered pistol... the 2nd RO (older guy) told me AFTER I was done shooting and packing up that I couldn't carry it holstered. :banghead:
 #105196  by Owen

Kuntryboy816 wrote:I was told the same as Owen... although when I walked in to the building to pay, no one said a word about my holstered pistol... when I went to sign in the RO checked my ammo, asked me what I was shooting and I pointed to my hip and he said absolutley nothing about the holstered pistol... the 2nd RO (older guy) told me AFTER I was done shooting and packing up that I couldn't carry it holstered. :banghead:
I had a similar experience. I was armed when I paid and then as I was unpacking (armed) Bob (one of the ROs) said that I can't open carry there because it is State Wildlife Land. He said I'd need to put it unloaded in my bag so I did. I always have my empty and lonely holster on when I go there . :(
 #105197  by pick_six

haven't been to ommenlanden IN A VERY VERY LONG TIME.

is that the same bob that's been there since the 90's/00's short skinny guy with an ny/nj-ish accent?

just curious, used to see him there frequently, back in the day...
Owen wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:I was told the same as Owen... although when I walked in to the building to pay, no one said a word about my holstered pistol... when I went to sign in the RO checked my ammo, asked me what I was shooting and I pointed to my hip and he said absolutley nothing about the holstered pistol... the 2nd RO (older guy) told me AFTER I was done shooting and packing up that I couldn't carry it holstered. :banghead:
I had a similar experience. I was armed when I paid and then as I was unpacking (armed) Bob (one of the ROs) said that I can't open carry there because it is State Wildlife Land. He said I'd need to put it unloaded in my bag so I did. I always have my empty and lonely holster on when I go there . :(
 #105201  by Owen

That sounds like the same Bob. Never thought of him as short but he does have that sort of accent.