Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #105785  by 2xTony

When i took my class the instructer made a point to let everyone know that you have to have the card on you while youre concealed. I just took his word for it and never actually researched if it was true

I figured it was along the same lines as having your drivers license and insurance card on you while driving. Sure you could go to court and prove it later but youre going to get that ticket in the meantime.
 #105788  by astro_wanabe

2xTony wrote:Sure you could go to court and prove it later but youre going to get that ticket in the meantime.
Yep, and as mentioned in this case instead of a ticket it'll be a felony charge you'd be fighting. I definitely just keep mine on me.

Unlike most states, our CCDW also covers other deadly weapons - including a pocket knife "other than an ordinary pocketknife carried in a closed position" (over 3", fixed blade, etc). Since my pocket knife is a folder just a hair over 3" depending on how you measure it and I carry it concealed in a pocket, I keep my CCDW on me even if I don't have a gun on me.

Also, if you lose your CCDW card I'm pretty sure you can get a replacement from the prothonotary, possibly for a small fee (I've never needed to get a replacement though so I can't say for certain).
 #105796  by NCC

rotoraviator wrote:One should only carry what identification is necessary these days with the way identity theft is heading.
Old dog, new trick, you know. But this is very sound advice Rotor.