Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #105768  by NCC

2xTony wrote:You've managed to keep all the other cards in you wallet though
 #105770  by dave_in_delaware

I'm not sure where in the Codes it would say (too late to read such a thing tonight), if it even does at all....

But if you need your driver's license while operating a motor vehicle, I believe you'd probably need your DE CCDW license while carrying a concealed handgun. Best to have both on your person if a police officer stops you for something.
 #105772  by NCC

rotoraviator wrote:None of you jokers actually answered my question. Thanks for nothing!
Sorry man, I was laughing at what 2xTony said, NOT at you. But I'll take a stab and offer my OPINION for you.

Don't know, don't care. Paid almost $500 for it, will carry it. Just like my Driver's License and Social Security Card that I go over 50 years ago, never lost either of those. If I get stopped by a LEO it is an anti detainment card. Without it I have to depend on the system telling them that I am "allowed" to carry. Might mean a night in jail, I don't want that. Finally, I am too lazy to read the laws for you.
 #105775  by GatorDude

1. I thought Tony's response was pretty funny too.

2. There is nothing in the Delaware Code that requires that you have the license actually in your possession while carrying a concealed deadly weapon. The law only requires, as a defense, that you have been issued such a license.

3. Common sense would dictate that an ounce of prevention is likely better than a pound of cure. Therefore, it would be better to avoid potential issues by having the actual license in your possession at all times while carrying a firearm even if that is not required by law.
 #105777  by NormH3

NCC wrote:
rotoraviator wrote:None of you jokers actually answered my question. Thanks for nothing!
Sorry man, I was laughing at what 2xTony said, NOT at you. But I'll take a stab and offer my OPINION for you.

Don't know, don't care. Paid almost $500 for it, will carry it. Just like my Driver's License and Social Security Card that I go over 50 years ago, never lost either of those. If I get stopped by a LEO it is an anti detainment card. Without it I have to depend on the system telling them that I am "allowed" to carry. Might mean a night in jail, I don't want that. Finally, I am too lazy to read the laws for you.
Stopped carrying my SS card years ago. No reason to.