Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #106560  by smyrnaboy

With this crazy world i never want to leave home without my weapon "open carry" smyrna dover area....but i dont want to be shot or profiled because of my color? Any suggestions
 #106567  by whatevah

Appearance is everything. Your clothing, facial hair, and how you carry yourself. White, black, brown, pink, it doesn't matter that much around here... but if you're wearing a dirty hoodie and boots, you'll present a different image than a guy in khakis and a polo shirt. And, the usual stuff... stand up straight, don't slouch, be confident. The police know that bad guys don't open carry so while you might get a second look, you shouldn't be harrassed if you look "normal".

Just resist the temptation to adjust the holster and check if it's still there every few seconds... if you're using a retention holster (and you really should), it hasn't moved. That will stand out to other guys carrying and law enforcement as someone who is nervous and they'll pay very close attention to you.
 #106572  by Deast

I find that it is easy to brush the inside of your arm against it every few steps to just feel it is all good. I do that without even thinking about it.

Now if I can just stop pulling my shirt down while cc-ing...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x2o77i74T48
 #106575  by Kuntryboy816

x2 on the above points. It gets easier and your confidence grows the more you OC. We have a meeting next Tuesday.. come out and hang out with us. Check the "Meetings" forum for details.