Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #107070  by diabloking

I recently just bought a handgun I'd like to open carry occasionally until I can get my CCW but confused on how to carry it while driving? What parts of the vehicle can you place the firearm to be considered visible and what area's are considered concealed? Also does window tint play an issue with OC? My car has 20% tint on it on all windows minus windshield.
 #107075  by NCC

You're in luck! There are lots of examples of that here, simply use the search function to find them.
 #107078  by diabloking

NormH3 wrote:You need to keep it displayed. Options are the passenger seat area or the dash.
Passenger seat area like pretty much placed on the seat? What about affixing it to the center console on the passenger side? Like the area right in front of the seat but having it up high to where its visible? My other idea was putting it directly on top of the dash.
 #107124  by TexasJay

diabloking wrote:
NormH3 wrote:You need to keep it displayed. Options are the passenger seat area or the dash.
Passenger seat area like pretty much placed on the seat? What about affixing it to the center console on the passenger side? Like the area right in front of the seat but having it up high to where its visible? My other idea was putting it directly on top of the dash.
I use a remora holster for car carry. I pin it between the seat and console and its fully visible from either side of the car does NOT move.
 #107125  by KAndrewGoodwin

I have a small memory foam travel-pillow that I keep in the passenger seat. When I get in the car, my sidearm goes there. So far, plenty stable, open to plain view, and easily accessible...

Prior to exiting my vehicle, I simply holster the pistol.

Works for me...