Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
  by BobPikeCreek

I live in the Pike Creek area and have several concerns about OC in this area. First, I am nervous due to the fact I have a Ruger SR9E which I have been carrying in a holster around the house to get comfortable with and it has a pouch for an extra magazine. It seems very bulky and feel it will stick out like a sore thumb. Second, I feel the people in this area will panic and although know I am knowledgeable enough to deal with a situation, even if the authorities are called, that I can handle it. I just don't want to cause unnecessary drama every time I go out while OC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  by Fishhunter911

I have carried a full size 1911 in Pike Creek many many times. Never an issue. Also have a buddy who lives in Hockessin who also carry a full size pistol, again, he has never had an issue. Do not worry about it, carry on!!
  by Kuntryboy816

What kind of holster are you using to OC?
  by BobPikeCreek

Kuntryboy816 wrote:What kind of holster are you using to OC?
Federal Holsterworks designed for the 9E with magazine pouch.
  by Kuntryboy816

BobPikeCreek wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:What kind of holster are you using to OC?
Federal Holsterworks designed for the 9E with magazine pouch.

Are you just clipping the holster to your belt/pants or running your belt around the outside of the holster too? I first started out with a Bulldog holster similar to yours. I found it was much more secure and less droopy when I ran my belt around the outside of the holster and put the clip on the waistline of my pants. If you're free up sometime tonight or next week, I wouldn't mind meeting up and hanging out with a fellow OC'er. It's a little easier on the nerves if you're in a group as compared to being alone.
  by myopicvisionary

I live in the Pike Creek area and OC all over. Nobody minds me being armed. Case in point, I shop at Zingo's and Pike Creek ACME weekly. Nobody has ever had a problem with me OCing in over eight years. This includes the Pike Creek WSFS too!
  by BobPikeCreek

So what do you do each time you get in and out of the car?
  by Kuntryboy816

Since nylon holsters are inexpensive, I bought a second one and secures it to the dash in my Jeep. When I got in and out I'd transfer between the two. I now have my CCDW so I only transfer to a secondary holster if I'll be driving for an extended period of time.
  by myopicvisionary

I have a DE CCDW so my pistol stays holstered in my vehicle. Prior to this, I holstered in my car like this...
http://deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25
  by georgie c

I also carry an sr9c in a Blackhawk level 2 retention holster , usually o.c. , never a problem . I live in Hockessin, so Walgreen's , Wawa, Ruby Tues. , etc.