Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #57881  by SKYDIVR

I set a few appointments today for my dentist and eye doc (the first since beginning to carrying CC/OC on an almost daily basis) and was thinking that I haven't seen much talk about these types of establishments/businesses in either the OC logs or Patronage threads. Beyond verifying that no anti signs are posted in or near the entrance I'm just wondering if anyone has hesitations about carrying while say.. getting their teeth flossed?

I feel like it's somewhat situation dependent (cases where you know you may have anesthesia, or otherwise may be separated from your weapon (x-ray, CT scan, MRI, etc..). I would love to see some of the thoughts out there about carrying in these environments. Thanks.
 #57920  by Mirlen

If this sore throat & clogged ear/ear ache don't clear up soon (Already had 2 rounds of antibiotics), I may be able to give you some feedback on a walk-in 'urgent' care place soon... Dang thing keeps coming back *sigh* Is this what happens when you get older? Been trying to get more sleep to keep my immune system up a bit more, hope that helps...
 #57950  by DMac

I have always carried to doctors and dentists appointments (sometimes open and sometimes concealed), unless I know that I'm getting gas or other anesthesia. I've never had a problem, but if I did, I'd look for another provider.
 #58002  by SKYDIVR

Mirlen-Souds rough, hope you feel better soon. Let me know if the trip to urgent care is a positive one. I've been to the one on Main Street in Newark before and would recommend it.

DMac-Thanks for the insight. I figured as much regarding the anesthesia, but it's good to hear it from someone with first hand experience.