Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #54820  by bluedog46

I know if you live in Delaware you have to have a Delaware permit and a Florida permit would not be honored. If you live in Delaware and have a Florida permit will that cover you in PA though since they are in recipricosity?
 #54821  by Boots

bluedog46 wrote:I know if you live in Delaware you have to have a Delaware permit and a Florida permit would not be honored. If you live in Delaware and have a Florida permit will that cover you in PA though since they are in recipricosity?
Yes, but watch out for Philadelphia.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf
 #54894  by SasquatchAF

Bluedog,

Just to clarify... your statement is incorrect. Just because you live in delaware does not mean a florida permit is not honored. If you are a DELAWARE RESIDENT(DE drivers license), and hold a non-resident florida permit, it is NOT honored by delaware.

BUT, if you hold a florida resident permit, such as myself, and still live in the state of delaware, it IS honored by delaware.

Also, if you are NOT a resident of delaware(out of state license) but still live in delaware and have a florida non-resident permit, this is also honored by the state of delaware.
 #54902  by NormH3

SasquatchAF wrote:Bluedog,

Just to clarify... your statement is incorrect. Just because you live in delaware does not mean a florida permit is not honored. If you are a DELAWARE RESIDENT(DE drivers license), and hold a non-resident florida permit, it is NOT honored by delaware.

BUT, if you hold a florida resident permit, such as myself, and still live in the state of delaware, it IS honored by delaware.

Also, if you are NOT a resident of delaware(out of state license) but still live in delaware and have a florida non-resident permit, this is also honored by the state of delaware.
If you are a resident of Delaware, how can you legally hold a resident permit from Florida? I wasn't aware that you could "legally" hold 2 different state drivers licenses.
 #54903  by SasquatchAF

you dont have to hold a license to be considered a resident of a state. I have a license in florida and am a legal resident there, but because I am stationed here in delaware, I am also considered a resident of delaware..
 #54909  by NormH3

SasquatchAF wrote:you dont have to hold a license to be considered a resident of a state. I have a license in florida and am a legal resident there, but because I am stationed here in delaware, I am also considered a resident of delaware..
That makes sense. Didn't realize you were military. I don't see how that can work for a civilian though. The average Joe can't just claim residency of some other state..perhaps if you had a second home.
 #54925  by Boots

SasquatchAF wrote:... I am also considered a resident of delaware..
In that case you must have a DE CCDW, right?

If not, why not?
 #54959  by SasquatchAF

No, I do not need a delaware ccw. Because my drivers license is florida, it over rides the fact that I live in delaware. Although im a resident of both, because my id is florida, that is what my exceptions go by for everything.(taxes, dmv registration, ccw stuff, etc)
 #57719  by Red Alert

SasquatchAF wrote:Bluedog,

Nothing against you SasquatchAF, but this law is totally ridiculous. A person living in Delaware with an out of state permit can legally CC here, but a person that is registered as living in Delaware (as Delaware drivers license) can not. I find this law funny. Not sure how true this is but I was told that if you get the Fla. non-resident CC permit that it is easier to get the Delaware CC permit. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to start working on getting my CC permit and I'm thinking of getting the Fla. one first...