Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Donations and DELOC Swag (Merchandise)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:49 pm 

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Um, Wynder, upon closer "inspection" of the logo on that T-shirt, it appears that you uploaded an OLD logo for all those items. I think our newer official logo (the one we actually use on the website here) has better and easier-to-read text.

We should use the official logo, right? :? :?

Please do let us know when the new logo is uploaded. I placed an order for some t-shirts and stickers, I'll go ahead and cancel them until the proper logo is there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I didn't notice the difference in the wee hours this morning.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:51 pm 

Rats! I can't cancel my order now, oh well, I guess I'll have some 'Limited Edition' shirts! 8-) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, and I'd love to hear any ideas on special board titles for donors/levels, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm 
Global Moderator

Photoshop logo emailed to you, Wynder. :D

As for a Donations "label" I think it should just be a label to indicate if you donated to help support DELOC. So, a donor would have a label indicating this. To introduce different donation levels (amounts) is making the point more complex, and it's not important to know just exactly how much someone gave compared to others. That could cause problems.

Are we thinking about a special image for above/under our avatar? Or maybe something simple like changing a member's name color?

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 pm 

This is weird cause I I thought I posted (3 times now)but it didn't go through. Does the post a reply page time out or something?

Anyhow I'm in for $40.00 to get pamphlets, I'd like some to hand out though.

Let me know how we can hook up so i can give you cash or a company check. I live in Bear and work in Newark. I'll be RSO'ing at Elk Neck this Saturday morning.

I know I'm a newbie here but it is a good cause.

I would also suggest a raffle, either a gun or some good gear. I bet any local FFL would jump at the chance to get involved in one, maybe offer up something at or near their cost for their name being mentioned. Say a $400-500 gun and then sell $25.00 raffle tickets and at 40 tickets you have doubled your money which should cover expenses for now. Have the drawing at the next club meeting, restrict raffle ticket purchases to members only. Once you have sold $500.00 worth of raffle tickets have the FFL order in the gun, winner picked it up from the FFL after he or she clears the background check.The upsides of this are pretty huge, not only does operating costs get handled but you'll get a lot of buzz about deloc.org from non-members plus a member will get a gun for $25.00. Plus no out of pocket up front expenses for the board (which I guess you are trying to avoid).

I'm sure any FFL would jump at this as an opportunity, I hope you use Scott cause I like him and want to see him do well, but I'd encourage you to use who you think is going to fit best with the group.

Oh yeah and if you do a raffle I'd like to reallocate my $40.00 pledge to raffle tickets please. :D

Sergeant of Arms: Delaware Antique Arms Collectors Association

http://www.fixyourcarnow.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:58 pm 

Wynder wrote:
Oh, and I'd love to hear any ideas on special board titles for donors/levels, etc.

I have an idea based on the various loaded conditions of a firearm.

The 5 conditions are:
* Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.
* Condition 1 - Also called "cocked and locked", this means that a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety is on.
* Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked.
* Condition 3 - There is no round in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked but a fully loaded magazine is inserted in the mag well.
* Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, the hammer is uncocked and there is no magazine inserted in the mag well

You could have the lowest level be Condition 4 and the highest be Condition 0. This would reflect the donor's readiness, willingness, and ability to defend and promote OC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm 

I was going to suggest the ranks that I'm familiar with:

Jaeger
Gefreiter
Obergefreiter
Hauptmann
Leutnant
Feld Marschall

Haha, just kidding.

(P.S. The biggest donor would hold the title of REICHSFUHRER-SS!) :shock: :?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:20 pm 

I think the raffle sounds like a great idea, I'm sure quite a few of us would buy a ticket or 2.

As far as ideas for the donor levels, I got nothing. But I was thinking of maybe a vendors forum and label for the FFL's and other business's on here, just a thought.

And I'd like to meet up to donate some as well, I'd prefer to donate cash so no one gets hit with Paypal fees.

Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you're abusing the priviledge.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:35 am 
Founding Member

Wynder wrote:
Greetings, folks!

If folks are interested, I'm willing to entertain ideas about a donation scheme for forum 'titles'... that is, if you donate over X dollars, you'd be thanked with Y forum title, similar to the 'Founding Member' title.

Something like the Olympic medals?

Bronze- $10- $24
Silver - $25-$49
Gold - $50-$99
Platinum-$100+

Just an idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Just as an FYI, the swag has been updated with the current logo that uses the www.DELOC.org address instead of the full name written out and the previous products have been removed. To those of you who got the "Limited Edition" items, congrats, hahahaha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next