Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #30711  by stephpd

bsprout wrote:Hey, i see you are in newark. Im right across the line in elkton. Most of my shopping takes place in DE. Thats one of the reasons i got the florida ccw. I have family in NC and TN so it works out good. I might move to DE and tell Md to piss off. Do you OC?
If you move to DE your FL CCW won't be any good for you in DE. De residents have to have a DE CCDW and it's a pain, though possible. We have a few members around you, one even lives in Elkton. Screen name is DragonJames.

Your definitely invited to any of our OC meetings. We have one a month, usually, and it gives everyone a chance to meet.
 #30715  by bsprout

stephpd wrote:
bsprout wrote:Hey, i see you are in newark. Im right across the line in elkton. Most of my shopping takes place in DE. Thats one of the reasons i got the florida ccw. I have family in NC and TN so it works out good. I might move to DE and tell Md to piss off. Do you OC?
If you move to DE your FL CCW won't be any good for you in DE. De residents have to have a DE CCDW and it's a pain, though possible. We have a few members around you, one even lives in Elkton. Screen name is DragonJames.

Your definitely invited to any of our OC meetings. We have one a month, usually, and it gives everyone a chance to meet.
It does look like a pain. Post in the paper,5 references,etc.......but its still ALOT better than here. I just cant handle not being able to carry any longer. After living here and having NO chance at getting a permit, DE isnt looking too bad :) My way of sticking it to md is to do all my shopping in DE :sparring: Tax free shopping and cc/oc! U guys have it made, sign me up! Ive never oc'ed but ill give it a try.
 #30721  by stephpd

Your sure welcome here. Bring your guns and money. :mrgreen:

The FL license will still come in handy if you travel. Many here have it or the Utah license just for that. And at least you can OC here (and after too ;) ) while going through the process of obtaining a DE CCDW.

I'm not sure what or when MD became so messed up. My grandfather use to take us hunting there when I was little. But it seems Baltimore rules that state and it's the worst part. Much of the state is gorgeous and most of the folks don't seem to have the same mindset as what the politicians do.
 #30776  by ShakyHand

I'm surprised to hear this. I open carry into dicks about twice a month and never had an issue at all. Buy most of my ammo there.

What did The Dick look like?
 #30777  by GatorDude

I was just in the same store last week buying a rifle for my son. The guy at the gun counter was very interesting in info on obtaining a CCDW and we chatted for a while waiting for the State of Delaware to determine I was allowed to own another firearm....

I wasn't carrying, but he was fully aware of the legality of OC'ing, etc.
 #30781  by bsprout

Id say he was 55 or so. He said he has his permit and he knows the laws :)
 #30783  by radnor

bsprout wrote:.... He said he has his permit and he knows the laws :)
Not well enough....
 #30784  by stephpd

We need to help these 'instructors' learn the laws. Passing along bad/wrong information isn't part of a CCDW process. Getting a CCDW never invalidates a right. And OC is that right.

Anyone getting this type of information should advise the teacher (after class) to come here or elsewhere and learn the facts. I know the instructor I had knew the law but advised against it. (gave the usual reasons, which I've since learned are also untrue)
 #85164  by David

Dick’s Sporting Goods Stuck It To Gun Owners – Now Gunnies Are Returning The Favor
http://extranosalley.com/?p=43807

We well remember Dick’s Sporting Goods. After Newtown, they stopped selling Sport Utility Rifles, and cancelled sales to those who had already bought and paid for an AR-15. For every action, there is a reaction, and a link at Dan Riehl’s Riehl World View shows Dick’s is paying the price of perfidy.

Mr. Riehl linked to an overview of the results of the dicks at Dick’s dicking around with customers, and their fourth quarter sales.

Briefly quoting the Rare.us report linked immediately above:

If there’s a silver lining for all the people who were eagerly waiting for that Troy Carbine and were vastly disappointed, it’s that Dick’s isn’t doing so well in the financial department.

At a time where the only thing a company has to do to sell firearms, ammo and accessories is to unlock their doors, Dick’s sales have flat-lined. In fact, their sales dropped 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to 2011 and their shares 10 percent in the last quarter.

I have long since abandoned the stock market, but I can tell you the local Dick’s store has an empty parking lot. While both the Academy and Gander Mountain stores stay busy.

Gun owners have a notoriously long memory. I seriously doubt that Dick’s will recover from their gaffe anytime in this generation.
 #85165  by cj45lc

Dicks is in the same boat as Millers in my book

Both will never see a penny of my money