Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #5677  by RevPunchy

Hey Dave_in_delaware, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but I just now had a chance to get back online. It would have been pretty awesome to meet up with all of you, but I'm still in the desert, and I'm not sure when I'll be back to the east coast...but I defiantly am looking forward to the future OC "meetings".
 #5678  by RevPunchy

dave_in_delaware wrote:Wow. What church do you serve? I may have to check your church out! You sound like a laid-back preacher!

And why would anyone look at you funny just because you have a white collar AND a gun on? How else is a shepherd supposed to protect his flock in this day and age of heightened violence? I've always found it strange that many churches frown upon concealed carry by the congregation, as if evil avoids churches all the time. :roll:

Totally missed that post somehow, LoL...
Yes, I'm a very laid back reverend...I served for a very liberal, and very progressive church that didn't turn anyone away from its doors. Didn't matter who you were, how you dressed, or what you've done in your past. The true view of Christianty...(look at me, I'm preaching, LoL)...Well anyways, I guess most people find it ironic that a "man of God" would believe in the use of man made weapon, yet alone be openly carrying one...I do believe God will protect me, he is my shepherd, and I am his sheep...he will lead me and my flock...But, if a wolf sees that one of the sheep happens to be carrying a fully loaded px4 9mm, that wolf will think again (hence why I prefer to open carry)...

Anyways, who's in control of the little smilies on the left hand side of this post?, I see 2 horney devils, but no halo's...LoL
 #5682  by Wynder

RevPunchy wrote:Anyways, who's in control of the little smilies on the left hand side of this post?, I see 2 horney devils, but no halo's...LoL
I'll see if we can't find any. ;p
 #5684  by dave_in_delaware

RevPunchy wrote:... It would have been pretty awesome to meet up with all of you, but I'm still in the desert, and I'm not sure when I'll be back to the east coast...but I defiantly am looking forward to the future OC "meetings".
Watch your 6, keep your head down, and get back here in one piece, Sir! We'll have monthly meetings every month, so we'll see you eventually. Thank you for your service.
RevPunchy wrote:I guess most people find it ironic that a "man of God" would believe in the use of man made weapon, yet alone be openly carrying one...I do believe God will protect me, he is my shepherd, and I am his sheep...he will lead me and my flock...But, if a wolf sees that one of the sheep happens to be carrying a fully loaded px4 9mm, that wolf will think again (hence why I prefer to open carry)...
I don't think it's ironic at all. Why shouldn't religious leader protect themselves and their families like everyone else? The Constitution applies to every citizen, regardless of profession. Protect your flock with your px4!! Wolves are everywhere, and they won't stop a the doors of a church just because it's a church (unlike what many people think).

Hope to see you soon! Take care over there!
 #5703  by RevPunchy

dave_in_delaware wrote:Watch your 6, keep your head down, and get back here in one piece, Sir! We'll have monthly meetings every month, so we'll see you eventually. Thank you for your service.
Sorry dave_in_delaware, but I think I confused you, I'm not in that desert, I'm in the Arizona desert.

dave_in_delaware wrote:The Constitution applies to every citizen, regardless of profession. Protect your flock with your px4!! Wolves are everywhere, and they won't stop a the doors of a church just because it's a church (unlike what many people think).
Amen brother, I agree with that!!!
 #5704  by dave_in_delaware

RevPunchy wrote:Sorry dave_in_delaware, but I think I confused you, I'm not in that desert, I'm in the Arizona desert.
Oh. :oops: My fault. Whenever I hear someone say "the desert" I think Iraq (or somewhere like that), i.e. in the military. I didn't realize you meant out West...