Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #63398  by Guard_Duck

Lascivious1 wrote:
How do you rack with one hand?
Other than the Chuck Norris method, you can use your part of your body, such as your leg to push the slide into to assist it racking the slide. Or you can catch the rear sight on your belt to assist.

I'm sure there are other methods that people have come up with over the years. For me, one in the chamber saves me the time I most likely will not have in the event I ever have to use my firearm to defend myself.
 #63410  by bmel17

Israelis actually draw and rack at the same time. it's almost simultaneous. they use both hands though
 #89524  by olllloJeepin

16+1 in the loud speaker, if your going to carry then it makes no sense to "get prepared to fire" when turds hit the air chisel, the way I see it there's only two things from stoping me from defending myself, my decision to do so, and the squeezing of mic (trigger). But again just my personal opinion.
 #89728  by Daveman

bluedog46 wrote:
Its perfectly legal to carry locked and loaded in Delaware right now. I carry and extra mag with the 1911 and just have the one in th gun with the Glock.
+1. I also carry locked and loaded with an extra fully loaded magazine.
 #89750  by SR9

I always carry with one H/P in the chamber. I have asked NRA certified instructors if this is wise and they have said , good idea, saves seconds off the time it takes to draw and fire. I have asked if this puts any extra wear on gun or parts and the answer has been no by manufacturer.
I don't consider myself to be a hot-shot, quick draw killer, but the couple of seconds saved could be the difference between living or looking up at a coffin lid.
My SR9 has the safety on both sides of the pistol so it can be put on or off by either hand. Great feature for lefties or righties.
 #89752  by bmel17

SR9 wrote: My SR9 has the safety on both sides of the pistol so it can be put on or off by either hand. Great feature for lefties or righties.
Also great if your dominant hand becomes disabled. You would still be able to engage the enemy in a self defense situation. This is why I am a fan of ambi-safeties and "no" safeties.
 #89759  by Deast

One thing you should do if you keep one in the chamber is to only chamber it a few times if you empty it on a regular basis. I will mark my first one and move it to the bottom of the mag after I chamber it a few times. I keep doing this until the marked one gets back to the top. Then they become range ammo.

The reason for this is that every time you feed a bullet, it may slightly compact into the casing. If it goes too far in, there could be issues from overpressure.

This is what I have been told from a few fairly reliable sources.

Of course, what do I know... I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.