Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #63321  by Bemo

Hello everyone, new to the forum!

I just somehow spent 2+ hours watching videos on YouTube of people in other states( such as California and some others I don't really remember) walking around OCing and video taping their encounters with police, who were unlawfully detaining these OCers and checking to make sure there firearms were not loaded...( I don't even remember how I started watching these videos, I started by just looking at a review of a firearm I was I interested in and stumbled upon these vids which were entertaining...

I'm sure this is mentioned numerous times here but its getting late and I dont want to waste another 2+hours searching, but it seems like in these states you can open carry an UNLOADED firearm and empty magazine only..... What the heck is the point of that, I'm not too familiar with de laws but please tell me your OC can be loaded in Delaware...or in the very least have a separate magazine on your persons that is loaded..

Thank you for your response to what probaly is a very newbish question.
 #63324  by astro_wanabe

Bemo wrote:Hello everyone, new to the forum!
Welcome!
Bemo wrote:I'm sure this is mentioned numerous times here but its getting late and I dont want to waste another 2+hours searching, but it seems like in these states you can open carry an UNLOADED firearm and empty magazine only..... What the heck is the point of that, I'm not too familiar with de laws but please tell me your OC can be loaded in Delaware...or in the very least have a separate magazine on your persons that is loaded..
What's the point of unloaded open carry? It makes the anti-gunners sleep better at night, but that's about it. Standard disclaimer, I Am Not A Lawyer. Delaware law doesn't discriminate between loaded and unloaded, except for a law about long guns (rifle/shotguns). Unless you have a rifle in your vehicle that uses the same mags as your handgun I don't think you need to worry about that for everyday carry. I recommend reading the FAQ page on this site, as well as the Delaware Firearms Laws pdf on the FAQ page. Again, Welcome!
 #63342  by cappilot06

Bemo wrote: please tell me your OC can be loaded in Delaware.
Yes, yes, and yes again. I carry loaded with one in the pipe at all times. No point carrying an unloaded one :)
 #63350  by martyusa

cappilot06 wrote:
Yes, yes, and yes again. I carry loaded with one in the pipe at all times. No point carrying an unloaded one :)
Ditto
 #63360  by WPCatfish

Bemo wrote:H

I'm sure this is mentioned numerous times here but its getting late and I dont want to waste another 2+hours searching, but it seems like in these states you can open carry an UNLOADED firearm and empty magazine only..... What the heck is the point of that,.
Allow me to quote Charles Bronson (as 'Bernardo O'Reilly in the Magnificent Seven)

"You don't shoot the gun. When Calvera comes, you take it like this (grabs Winchester by the barrel) and you USE IT LIKE A CLUB"
 #63363  by photog

martyusa wrote:
cappilot06 wrote:

+1 ....As with most folks here, I carry loaded at all times, with one in the chamber.... and BTW, Welcome to the forum!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #63392  by bluedog46

I carry loaded, but I dont always carry one in the chamber of my glock, but do with my 1911. I actually practice drawing and racking at the range.

Its perfectly legal to carry locked and loaded in Delaware right now. I carry and extra mag with the 1911 and just have the one in th gun with the Glock.
 #63393  by Guard_Duck

bluedog46 wrote:I carry loaded, but I dont always carry one in the chamber of my glock, but do with my 1911. I actually practice drawing and racking at the range.
Do you practice drawing and racking one handed? How about drawing and racking with your weak hand while your gun on on your strong side? Not every scenario is perfect, and you may have to present your firearm in an atypical manner.

I carry and extra mag with the 1911 and just have the one in th gun with the Glock.
Why only 1 mag with the Glock? Mags can (and do) fail, usually at the worst times, like when you need it. Spring can snap, bottom plate can break and you'd be left with a club.
 #63397  by Lascivious1

white95zj wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:I carry loaded, but I dont always carry one in the chamber of my glock, but do with my 1911. I actually practice drawing and racking at the range.
Do you practice drawing and racking one handed?

I carry and extra mag with the 1911 and just have the one in th gun with the Glock.
Why only 1 mag with the Glock? Mags can (and do) fail, usually at the worst times, like when you need it. Spring can snap, bottom plate can break and you'd be left with a club.
How do you rack with one hand?