Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #89762  by Boots

olllloJeepin wrote:P.S., Criminals carry condition 1, shouldn't you if that option allows?
When you meet a criminal with a single-action firearm like a 1911, he'll be in Condition 0, not Condition 1.

So, no matter what you carry, it's wise to to keep one in the pipe.
 #89980  by spillanej

Deast wrote:One thing you should do if you keep one in the chamber is to only chamber it a few times if you empty it on a regular basis. I will mark my first one and move it to the bottom of the mag after I chamber it a few times. I keep doing this until the marked one gets back to the top. Then they become range ammo.

The reason for this is that every time you feed a bullet, it may slightly compact into the casing. If it goes too far in, there could be issues from overpressure.

This is what I have been told from a few fairly reliable sources.

Of course, what do I know... I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Thats the only reason I bought +p+ rated firearms and normal ammo.

I not only carry with one in the chamber, but also safety off with 28 rounds in the magazine. Because reloading is for pansies and liberals.
 #104434  by cbarnes302

Newbie here. Just wanted to be sure these laws were still the same for open carry while loaded. I've seen some states requiring being 1 action from firing etc.. sorry for bumping an old thread.
 #104435  by David

Congrats for reading through the old discussions. Lots of good information around here for those willing to take the time. As for your question, no, there have been no law changes.
 #104442  by Glockamole

Utah would be one of them states. If you don't have a carry permit then you can only open carry without one in the chamber.