Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #66673  by donlyle28

Does anybody know of somebody who is still a permanent resident/immigrant who applied for CCDW? Would this be an issue; that would deny you from granting a CCDW permit?

Thanks again! :D
 #66678  by Strelok

donlyle28 wrote:Permanent residents have all the same rights as US Citizens except the right to vote. I was buying firearms being the resident with no problems, although I got my CCDW after I became a citizen.

have you thought of getting CCDW permit when you were still P.Resident? :D
Honestly I didn't, as most of that time I lived in NYC. No explanation is needed why. :shock:
 #66679  by donlyle28

Honestly I didn't, as most of that time I lived in NYC. No explanation is needed why. :shock:[/quote]

oh thats why.lol :)
 #92103  by Slimphattz1

Hey. I just want to shed light on a couple things I know this post is old but someone else may need to know. I am a permanent resident, been one since 86. I bought a few guns before and the only difference is you have to provide your resident number and 3 consecutive copies of 3 different and most recent utilities/bills for proof of address (9 documents). I applied for my permit to carry concealed in PA and I needed the same docs and a $20 fee (same cost for all) and in 3 weeks I had my permit.
Yes we do have all the same rights as a citizen and we ARE able to vote, just not for Presidents. We CAN vote for governors, senators, mayors etc.....