Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #66400  by donlyle28

Hi everyone!
Does obtaining CC nor Oc'ng be a problem for people who are immigrants? Or only citizens are allowed to do so?

Thank you in advance for the info.
 #66404  by BigJoe

I am not a lawyer!

Residents aliens should be OK as long as not prohibited. Federal Laws say resident of a state for 90 days to purchase a gun. Non-resident is no possession unless issued a legal permit from a state or hunting license and no purchase whatsoever.

I'm not sure about DE law but, if there isn't a law strictly forbidding an act it's deemed legal. I'd tread lightly, especially in Wilmington, until I got legal advice or an explanation from the DOJ/AG.

Looks like illegal immigrants are a no across the board.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Headlines/Def ... id=1593976

DENVER - A federal appeals court says illegal immigrants don't have a right to own firearms under the U.S. Constitution.

Emmanuel Huitron-Guizar of Wyoming pleaded guilty to being an illegal immigrant in possession of firearms after his arrest last year. He was ordered held by immigration authorities at the Natrona County Detention Center in Wyoming.

An attorney for Huitron-Guizar appealed the case, saying illegal immigrants are not excluded from possessing firearms like felons and people who are mentally ill, and should have the same rights as U.S. citizens to buy a gun for hunting and protection.

The 10th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Denver ruled Monday that illegal immigrants have only limited protection under the Constitution.

Huitron-Guizar's attorney didn't return a call seeking comment.
 #66422  by donlyle28

Thanks BigJoe! :applause: this is a good info :ugeek:
 #66425  by Pjd832

Well my wife is an immigrant with "permanent us resident" status... And in nj she was issued a firearms ID card and a pistol permit and purchased one... So if jersey allowed it... There must be no question lol
 #66427  by viper98

Pjd832 wrote:Well my wife is an immigrant with "permanent us resident" status... And in nj she was issued a firearms ID card and a pistol permit and purchased one... So if jersey allowed it... There must be no question lol
I would have to agree with you.....New Jersey Gun laws kinda stink....Hopefully they stay north of us and don't start flowing south.... :lol:
 #66429  by Boots

Legal and illegal immigrants are treated differently.

If anyone has questions regarding this, read and be familiar with the following form 4473. Download and save it on your computer for future reference...

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
 #66450  by Strelok

Permanent residents have all the same rights as US Citizens except the right to vote. I was buying firearms being the resident with no problems, although I got my CCDW after I became a citizen.
 #66671  by donlyle28

Permanent residents have all the same rights as US Citizens except the right to vote. I was buying firearms being the resident with no problems, although I got my CCDW after I became a citizen.

have you thought of getting CCDW permit when you were still P.Resident? :D