Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #82369  by Tate

Eh guys I'm living pretty close to pot mahon now, and I love to fish. I can't seem to find any info if port mahon is state land or if its ran by denrec, it's sorta far out and I like to night fish so I'd like to have some sort of protection out there, since a lot of drug users/Partyers like to go out there. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. Otherwise I may try and find someone to call and ask.
 #82373  by Trapper

http://www.dnrec.delaware.gov/fw/Huntin ... ockett.pdf

That is a link on the map on the fish and wildlife website. I believe all of port Mahon is part of the wildlife area. I have an email to a game warden that might be able to help. His name is SGT. Tim Pritchett his email is

Timothy.Pritchett@state.de.us
 #89375  by Tate

I never did email, maybe I will tomorrow, agreed that I wouldn't ever go to the end without a firearm, granted a few years ago, I "possibly" went down there with some family and set off some bottlerockers and fireworks, like I said "possibly".
 #89405  by dean

Tate wrote:I never did email, maybe I will tomorrow, agreed that I wouldn't ever go to the end without a firearm, granted a few years ago, I "possibly" went down there with some family and set off some bottlerockers and fireworks, like I said "possibly".
No need. Port Mahon is considered lands/waters controlled by the Division of Parks and Recreation. You'd need to be granted permission to carry by director Salkin. I mailed in a request which was denied but it also sounded as if he wasn't very clear on his ability to issue permission to carry. I just haven't had the time to send in another letter clarifying this to him. Maybe something this week or next I'll get around to it.

You can review this here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8674