Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #89514  by darkhunter

If I'm reading 1460 correctly that states that being in the possession of a firearm while intoxicated or while drinking is against the law in DE, is there am exemption for oc or for having a CCP

Thanks
 #89515  by astro_wanabe

No exceptions for oc / CCDW
Eta: it only applies in public places and if you're over a certain level though, so you can still drink just not too much.
 #89519  by WVisHome

darkhunter wrote:So basically drinking in a bar or restaurant while carrying is OK just as long as you don't go over. 08

Is this correct

That is my understanding...same rules as driving.
 #89521  by Taurus247

darkhunter wrote:So basically drinking in a bar or restaurant while carrying is OK just as long as you don't go over. 08

Is this correct
That is my understanding as well. My personal preference though is to not have any alcohol in my system while carrying simply for the fact that if you were to have to use your weapon blood work will be taken afterward and if you have anything in your system that MAY have inhibited your judgment IT WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN COURT. Not a lawyer or a cop just my $0.02
 #89525  by myopicvisionary

Drinking while OCing also gives the anti's more ammunition to use against us. Sure, I OC my 1911 in bars. But I am drinking a soda.
 #89534  by olllloJeepin

myopicvisionary wrote:Drinking while OCing also gives the anti's more ammunition to use against us. Sure, I OC my 1911 in bars. But I am drinking a soda.
I take the same approach, although I'm at a restaurant I trend to stay away from the "bar". I agree it gives anti's more ammo, and I think it may have a part in character judgment also ( not directed to any one person or a person who has drank while OC'ing). It's like the Olympics, you need to be at your peak, at a moments notice. I mean you are carrying a loaded gun.
 #89546  by Mr.Skellington

On the rare occasions I know I'm going to a bar or pub I CC. Part of this is for the image but from the legal side of the coin it would be unwise to OC while drinking as it makes you an easy mark for a police stop to make sure your not above 0.8 BAC thanks to the law in question. That's not something I care to be bothered with if I can help it.
 #89636  by F16WarBird

My personal policy is not to drink while I'm carrying be it OC or CC. If I should find myself desiring a few adult beverages, I'll either disarm (I have a safe in my trunk) or go home.

YMMV.
 #89649  by olllloJeepin

Does the safe have to be permanently mounted to the vehicle in order to be legal? Not that I wouldn't, but a jeep is limited in space and with the on-board air system and tank, just wana make sure I'll have room left.