Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #94081  by jrock419

it was Capital police who got a new chief, they are basically like security for all the court houses and alot of state buildings in Dover, i have some friends who work for capital police. Chief Hosfelt had a part in his promotion to chief but DOVER POLICE DEPARTMENT is still run by Hosfelt.
Daveman wrote:Hmm.... Okay. My bad, I read something about a new chief. Dover Capital police? Is there such a department? Hosfelt's name was mentioned. I know that. I'll try to find the article and post a link on my lunch break.
 #94098  by Daveman

Thanks for the looking into that that and having the correct info. Like I said, I had just read something(basically skimmed over it) about Hosfelt and a new chief.... Thanks for the clarification though. Must have been one of my "really late/can't sleep so just browse some news" nights....heh
 #94113  by Boots

jrock419 wrote:not that i know of, I know alot of Dover Police officers. Ill ask and get back to you!
Daveman wrote:Didn't Chief Hosfelt step down and now there's a new chief of police in Dover? I read it in the news a few days ago.
I think it's just some confusion between the Dover Police Chief and the Capitol Police Chief, which are two different positions.