Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #90081  by buffr

For the fellow open carriers in the Dover area that have written the police chief for the permit to openly carry in the city of Dover, what did you write to him so when I write my letter I know how to word it.
 #90170  by mdak06

FWIW, make sure you've read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8233

I haven't sent a letter to Dover so I have no direct answer to your question.
 #93616  by jrock419

This is what I wrote and got my permit about a week later, It was to the effect of, open carry is not prohibited by Delaware state law, and open carry is legal throughout the rest of the state, the Dover ordinance says explicitly that self defense is a legal right (Chapter 70 Sec 2 (b) (7): Defense. Persons exercising their legal right of self-defense or defense of property or others.), I would like to request an open carry permit for Dover, and could I get any negative response in writing. I carry a copy in my wallet and a copy in my car and i have the original hard copy signed in ink by Chief Hosfelt himself at home in a filing safe.
 #93625  by Daveman

Didn't Chief Hosfelt step down and now there's a new chief of police in Dover? I read it in the news a few days ago.
 #93636  by edz71

Daveman wrote:Didn't Chief Hosfelt step down and now there's a new chief of police in Dover? I read it in the news a few days ago.
Not that I know of,I just got my open carry letter from him on Tuesday.
 #93643  by Daveman

Hmm.... Okay. My bad, I read something about a new chief. Dover Capital police? Is there such a department? Hosfelt's name was mentioned. I know that. I'll try to find the article and post a link on my lunch break.
 #93673  by Boots

Daveman wrote:... I'll try to find the article and post a link on my lunch break.
Any followup to this?
 #93676  by Cbmarine

Boots wrote:
Daveman wrote:... I'll try to find the article and post a link on my lunch break.
Any followup to this?
http://doverpolice.org/from-the-chief/ From City of Dover Chief of Police James Hosfelt
http://capitolpd.delaware.gov/letter.shtml Capitol Police Chief William Jopp

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8233&hilit=jeremiah+black Says Chief Hosfelt is the man
 #93698  by Daveman

Ah..... Ok. My bad. I must've read the article wrong or something. I can't even find it now, but oh well, glad I got mixed up in reading what I read.
 #94080  by jrock419

not that i know of, I know alot of Dover Police officers. Ill ask and get back to you!
Daveman wrote:Didn't Chief Hosfelt step down and now there's a new chief of police in Dover? I read it in the news a few days ago.