Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #90745  by chuckie68

I work and go to church Newark/Glasgow area and on occasion have to need/desire to go to Elkton. My question is what to do with my CC gun when I (before) across the state line? Also, come Oct will the laws change that will affect my options?

Thanks
 #90746  by scampbell3

If your destination is a location in MD, you need to leave the firearm at home. The Federal law allowing the interstate transportation of firearms will cover you provided that you are traveling to a location that you are legally allowed to possess a firearm to another location where you can legally posses a firearm. Since your destination is in MD (where we cannot posses a firearm CC or OC) you are not covered by the Federal law on transportation. If you are going to MD, leave the firearm at home.

Sorry, but you are S.O.L. when going to MD.

There are few exceptions. If you are going to a shooting range or shooting sports gathering in MD, then that is different. Just casual visit to MD is difficult without running afoul of MD law.

Please see Maryland Annotated Code, Criminal Law, Title 4, Section 203
http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/mdcode/

*EDIT* It seems that the link above does not take you to the MD Code.

Here is another link that directly takes you to the specific code.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmSt ... b=subject5

Chip
 #90748  by chuckie68

Sigh... We live in Middletown so leaving gun at home is not an option. I guess we will stay in DE.

Thanks for the info!

Chuckie
 #90766  by Boots

scampbell3 wrote:If your destination is a location in MD, you need to leave the firearm at home. The Federal law allowing the interstate transportation of firearms will cover you provided that you are traveling to a location that you are legally allowed to possess a firearm to another location where you can legally posses a firearm. Since your destination is in MD (where we cannot posses a firearm CC or OC) you are not covered by the Federal law on transportation. If you are going to MD, leave the firearm at home.

Sorry, but you are S.O.L. when going to MD.
Sad, but true.
chuckie68 wrote:Sigh... We live in Middletown so leaving gun at home is not an option. I guess we will stay in DE.
That's what I have to do.