Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #92462  by scampbell3

I have never had a problem in any Rite Aid, Walgreen's, or CVS. I routinely OC in our Rite Aid without issue.

Chip
 #92464  by Kuntryboy816

Same here... I was just at Rite Aid last night.
 #92472  by Taurus247

I have carried im Walgreens often and never an issue.
 #92614  by spillanej

M&P40Noobie wrote:Can you Open Carry in a drug store with a pharmacy? Like Rite Aid or CVS.
Those chain stores have corporate policies they must adhear to. I know CVS is not allowed to make store specific policies too. So as long as their corporate headquarters remains politically neutral you will probably never have a problem.

CVS, rite aid, walgreens has never had a problem for me. The majority of pharmacies being built today seem to be pretty well protected. I personally see more bulletproof pharmacies than normal ones. I think they'd laugh at the idea that you'd cause any real harm to them. Hell even some shell stations have bombproof cashier areas now.
 #92615  by Taurus247

A CVS was just opened near where I work. I went in there twice other night after work and not a problem at all.
 #92651  by dave_in_delaware

I always OC'd in drug stores when I lived in DE. Never an issue.

I OC'd in a Happy Harry's a while back, walked right past the guard. He saw me come in, and upon checking out I stopped and we talked about CC/OC, security guard requirements, etc for a few minutes.
 #92670  by Dr. Eastwood

If a drug store has need for a security guard, I don't go there. *rides away on high horse* :ugeek:
 #92721  by Kuntryboy816

Dr. Eastwood wrote:If a drug store has need for a security guard, I don't go there. *rides away on high horse* :ugeek:

Interesting reply....

We've never met so I don't know you to understand if your reply is in jest or if you're serious. It's been irking me a bit that someone on this forum, who I'd believe from their very presence and particiation on this forum, is pro 2A, if not also pro-Constitution, would make a comment such as you have. Why would you not patronize a business because they have a security guard? Is not the business owner allowed to protect his assets by any legal means necessary? ....the same as you are allowed to protect yourself by means of "bearing arms"??

If I'm way off base here, I do apologize. If not, please explain as I just can't wrap my head around it.
 #92723  by myopicvisionary

I believe he is referencing the fact that the store's location/situation warrants the need for security and thus is a possible danger zone. Yes, some stores hire security so they can report to their insurance that they have active security to lower their rates. But you can't tell which is the case. The store owner does have a right to have security as a part of their doing business. Each customer also has the right to choose to patronize them or not. I carry everywhere, but I do a risk assessment of each possible destination. And there are some places I do not go. Often not because of the business itself, but for the parking lot and adjacent areas.