Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #93192  by Indrid Cold

I am considering appling for my Concealed Carry. When I was underage i got arrested for underage consumption and served community service and it was expunged. When I was 19 I got possesion of marijuana and went through the first offender program, charge was expunged after completion. No other charges since then. I am now 40 years old and have not had any other charges since my teens. What are the chances of me being approved? I would hate to run though the process and spend the money if I have no shot of being approved.
 #93194  by SCUBA9097

If these were your only charges, I would say your chances are pretty good. With the amount of time that has passed, they can be explained as "youthful indiscretions."

If you want to know for sure, I would recommend contacting a lawyer and having a discussion.
 #93205  by Boots

If cost is an issue now and you want to apply, it is possible to put off getting the mandatory firearms training until after you're approved for the CCDW. After approval, you can get the training and pick up your license.
 #93251  by GreaseMonkey

Well ladies and gentlemen I'm sorry to hijack, but I am in the exact same boat as the OP, with the exact same "youthful indiscretions" under my belt. I'm not worried about the cost, and I've already taken my class. My charges were expunged and were over ten years ago. I recently had a County Police friend of mine run my name in her database, and nothing came back but a couple speeding tickets for < 5 mph over the limit. My question is, in the legal Q&A portion of the application, what should (or shouldn't) I list? It's been so long, I don't even remember the dates of the infractions? Should I contact a lawyer? If so, who would be a good attorney to talk to? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks all!
 #93256  by Indrid Cold

Hey GreaseMonkey...I put both of my arrests in there just to be safe. I do not want to get denied because I was not truthful on the application, even though my charges were expunged as well, it still happened. I estimated the dates as they were so long ago..i think i put Fall 1989, or something like that. I just today scheduled my newspaper add to run, i think it will run in next fridays Newar Post and I am also going to schedule my finger print appointment today as well. Hopefully they can get me in next week. I am waiting to take the class until I get the notice of approval or being denied.