Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #93557  by jrock419

Yesterday I went into shooters choice in Dover with intentions of purchasing a firearm and leaving with it the same day. Well for the first time since i bought my first firearm when i was 18 years old I was delayed. After reviewing my paper work with the sales man i realized that on my forms i filled out the sales man had read of 1 wrong number in my social security number wrong to the person on the phone from NICS. I believe that is the reason for my delay. my question is, I would think the person doing the background check would be smart enough to realize that it was a mistake being one number. What will happen? i have never experienced this before and i have no record of any kind other then traffic citations from years back. Like i said i have never been delayed until just yesterday.Thanks guys!
 #93558  by brich2929

They have a certain number of days to officially decline you. If they don't/can't then you can proceed with the transfer.

I'm sure someone knows how many days it is. Less than a week I think.
 #93561  by SasquatchAF

The real problem here is that you went to Shooters Choice :banghead:

As many here will tell you, the extra drive to see Viper is well worth it. Plenty of scenary to drool over, and customer service is top notch! Two things that cant be said for Shooters...
 #93574  by viper98

I wouldn't worry about it too much....they are just taking a little time to review your 4473....they usually get back to within a couple of days....you should be fine....an error reading the 4473 will cause a delay....

if you have any questions send me a pm and i'll gladly answer them for you.

viper 98
 #93591  by jslacker

I wouldn't worry, I have been delayed on both of mine and never had a problem going back and getting my guns. Call them though, each time I checked I was advised that I was good to come get it.... I doubt the store would have called me. This was at X-Ring not Shooters though.
 #93614  by jrock419

I appreciate all the input guys, I was called back yesterday morning to come pick up my gun. The was an error on "shooters choice's" end when reading back information to NICS ( they read off 1 wrong number in my social). Everything came back good to go as always. I usually dont go to shooters choice, I use to always go to Lawmen. That was when I was in the Army, now that im no longer enlisted I cant do any shopping at lawmens anymore until I become a Police officer one day.
 #93630  by soundman2345

They honored my GSSF purchase coupon in August when I picked up my Glock 19.