Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #93679  by JChigges

Evening gentleman and ladies,

The girlfriend and I are making a trip to Kentucky in the upcoming week or so, and we'll be passing through WV on part of the trip. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if WV allows OC in their state?

I did do some research and the general consensus seems to be it's lawful to open carry state-wide, but some municipal and county laws have been grandfathered in. I just wasn't sure if anyone on these boards has first-hand experience, or knows of any relatives or friends that live in the state, that could provide some insight on the situation.

Thank you all in advance.
 #93726  by WVisHome

JChigges wrote:Evening gentleman and ladies,

The girlfriend and I are making a trip to Kentucky in the upcoming week or so, and we'll be passing through WV on part of the trip. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if WV allows OC in their state?

I did do some research and the general consensus seems to be it's lawful to open carry state-wide, but some municipal and county laws have been grandfathered in. I just wasn't sure if anyone on these boards has first-hand experience, or knows of any relatives or friends that live in the state, that could provide some insight on the situation.

IIRC, WV's OC laws are similar to DE's.

Just be warned...as odd as it may sound, OC is more accepted here in DE than it is in WV.
 #93807  by TexasJay

WVisHome wrote:
JChigges wrote:Evening gentleman and ladies,

IIRC, WV's OC laws are similar to DE's.

Just be warned...as odd as it may sound, OC is more accepted here in DE than it is in WV.
+1^^^ West Virginia is a shall issue CC state and although it is legal to OC, they are pretty anti OC especially in the larger cities.