Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #94623  by frankdawsonjr

Thanks Everyone, A lot of great advice. I want to be a responsible Open carry advocate, so i will practice everything to be come one!

thanks again!

frank
 #94628  by spillanej

frankdawsonjr wrote:Thanks Everyone, A lot of great advice. I want to be a responsible Open carry advocate, so i will practice everything to be come one!

thanks again!

frank
We all do seriously mean it... If you need any help we are all here.
 #94653  by sethinde

Forgive me for being ignorant, But what exactly is hesitation training? I have seen the "Hesitation" targets.
 #94671  by spillanej

sethinde wrote:Forgive me for being ignorant, But what exactly is hesitation training? I have seen the "Hesitation" targets.
Hesitation training is a firearms exercise in which the shooter is not immediately able to see all of his targets. Some of the targets are bad guys, some are innocent, and even some may be of armed police officers. The objective is to force a split second moment of hesitation to think of what the target is.

The opposite is No More Hesitation, I believe it was Blackwater that made that popular.
 #94679  by sethinde

Gotcha, I didn't even consider that. Are there any places with "pop up" targets like that within a few hours drive?
 #94745  by spillanej

sethinde wrote:Gotcha, I didn't even consider that. Are there any places with "pop up" targets like that within a few hours drive?
Not that I know of! I simulate with a blindfold when I find a range empty enough to convince the RSO to let my friends post targets on multiple lanes for me.
 #94746  by myopicvisionary

Nothing open to civilians.
 #94747  by spillanej

myopicvisionary wrote:Nothing open to civilians.
Yeah I know DSP has an awesome range. Go work as a court security officer, they go to COPT and hit those ranges a lot.