Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #95702  by Kuntryboy816

This isn't a question but I wanted to let y'all know this little tidbit in case you don't already. We all already know that the process of obtaining a CCDW is not cheap by any means so here's a little $$ saver tip. I figured this would be good info for CCDW instructors to pass on to their students.

Yesterday, I stopped at Walgreens to get my photos done for my CCDW. Here's 2 ways that can save you money and double your return:

1. Get your photo done on Mondays. The reg price for passport photos is $11.99. BUT on Mondays the price is reduced to $7.99 (35% less). The price will still be $7.99 b/c all of the photos are printed on one card. That will save you $$ for a gallon of gas, a gallon of milk, etc. Call me cheap if you want but I prefer "frugal."

2. Tell the photo rep that you want the option for photos for a RUSSIAN PASSPORT! Apparently Russia requries 4 photos. The photos are all printed on the same card and they are 1.75" (h) X 1.5" (w) each. You will need to trim them down just a little but hey, you just got 4 photos for the price most people pay for 2... and if you go on Monday you've saved 35% as well. 8-) Now you have photos to send to AZ, UT, FL or wherever for your non-res permits.

Big thanks to my friend Christian and the Walgreens photo rep, who took the time to sit down and figure out the sizing of the photos.
Last edited by Kuntryboy816 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #95716  by Boots

Thank you, comrade! ;)
Last edited by Boots on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #95723  by Sodbuster

I've always done my pictures myself. White background, resize on the computer, print, cut, send.

Never had any problem from the county.
 #95746  by TexasJay

Kuntryboy816 wrote:This isn't a question but I wanted to let y'all know this little tidbit in case you don't already. We all already know that the process of obtaining a CCDW is not cheap by any means so here's a little $$ saver tip. I figured this would be good info for CCDW instructors to pass on to their students.

Yesterday, I stopped at Walgreens to get my photos done for my CCDW. Here's 2 ways that can save you money and double your return:

1. Get your photo done on Mondays. The reg price for passport photos is $11.99. BUT on Mondays the price is reduced to $7.99 (35% less). The price will still be $7.99 b/c all of the photos are printed on one card. That will save you $$ for a gallon of gas, a gallon of milk, etc. Call me cheap if you want but I prefer "frugal."

2. Tell the photo rep that you want the option for photos for a RUSSIAN PASSPORT! Apparently Russia requries 4 photos. The photos are all printed on the same card and they are 1.75" (h) X 1.5" (w) each. You will need to trim them down just a little but hey, you just got 4 photos for the price most people pay for 2... and if you go on Monday you've saved 35% as well. 8-) Now you have photos to send to AZ, UT, FL or wherever for your non-res permits.

Big thanks to my friend Christian and the Walgreens photo rep, who took the time to sit down and figure out the sizing of the photos.
Which walgreens is this? Will they all do it?
 #95750  by Kuntryboy816

I went to the Walgreens on Rt. 40 across from Governor's Square. They should all have the Russian Passport option. I'm not sure if the Monday reduced pricing is across the board or not though. The advertisement was printed on a big poster on the wall behind the counter along with other discount offers. It looked like a standard issue company ad type of decoration thingy (technical terminology) though. Couldn't hurt to call your local WG's and ask.
 #95758  by brich2929

hehe. I'm gonna try the Russian thing...
 #95764  by Kuntryboy816

Just to show I'm not blowing smoke...
 #95770  by Chizult

Excellent deal! Wish my wife and I had known that before we did our adoption paperwork. For all the various copies of documentation they needed, I think our passport photo bill was darn near $50.