Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #96415  by Cbmarine

In addition to Title 11 DelCode § 222 General definitions where "an ordinary pocketknife shall be a folding knife having a blade not more than 3 inches in length."...

What other restrictions exist in DE? Location, age, concealment? Specifically teenagers with Spyderco/Kershaw type knives under 3" inches clipped inside pants pockets.
 #96416  by BigJoe

In short delaware knife laws (suck) are more restrictive than the gun laws. In some cases a ccdw will keep you from getting a concealed dangerous weapon charge if carrying anything over 3 inches. Open carrying a blade longer than 3 inches would do the same. Is a pocket clip open carry? Have heard both sides and I'm still unsure as its probably open to interpretation.

Switch blades, gravity open, and knuckle knives are a no go. Spring assist is muddy water but a lot of retailers in the state sell them and a lot if people carry them. Also there is no preemption with knives so towns are free to make their own rules regarding knives.

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2013 ... -delaware/
 #96417  by DragonJames

Just my 2cents based on experience when i was under 21 and didnt have a handgun. I treated it the same as a firearm and never had a problem, i used to a carry 10-13" bowie open and never had it quedtioned, had a county cop do a few double takes while riding my bike, but never an issue. On that note the first OC meetings i went to i was carrying said large knive :grin:

Ive forgotten most of what/where i read before deciding to do it, and mind you this was about 6yrs ago so i cannot say for sure if much has changed.

IANAL so i would suggest doing as much research as possible