Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #97401  by davhtrd66

I am new to open carry but want to start carrying while I'm riding my bike i am former military served one tour to OEF and was wondering where the ammo must be while my 45 is on my hip can someone help please

Thanks
Dave.
 #97403  by astro_wanabe

Welcome to DELOC.

In the gun is usually best.

Delaware doesn't care if your handgun is loaded or not, only if it's concealed or not.

There's a federal restriction in school zones, so if you don't have a DE-issued CCDW I'd recommend avoiding those.
 #97404  by davhtrd66

Thanks I'm guessing georgetown would have a problem with me then i dont go near the school zones really anyway. Anything else i should know about or be worried about.
 #97405  by harr2969

This is a common question - When seconds count and adrenaline has reduced your fine motor skills, don't create an extra step for yourself. Unless there's a round in the chamber, you're carrying a lump of metal that may as well be a hammer. Cocked and locked is the way to go, or in the case of glocks/m&p with no external safety - cocked.
 #97408  by davhtrd66

just went out in georgetown and everything went well this trip no hassle nothing so i will continue to go out on the bike with my 45 if any of you see a red white and silver R6 with a dark earth M&P its me just an FYI