Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #97470  by Surface Dragon

What is the legality of openly carrying a ghost(un-serialized, unregistered) firearm?

I know its legal to build your own firearm for personal use, as long as you can legally own a firearm.(80% lower/frame method)

I'm assuming that if you are allowed to own it you are also allowed to openly carry it, right?
 #97487  by Boots

Just curious... why do you mention 'unregistered'?
What registration might you be referring to?
 #97490  by Surface Dragon

One that doesn't have any type of paper trail.

I don't mean stolen or illegal.

I have no intention of doing anything illegal I was just interested in possibly doing a 80% personal firearm build.

I'm still in the research phase of the project.

I don't even have enough money to really start building anything yet.
 #97495  by Guard_Duck

There's no registration in Delaware.
 #97499  by astro_wanabe

I've never seen a law prohibiting or restricting the possession or carry of firearms without serial numbers (as long as it never had one from a manufacturer or importer).
 #97506  by Pjd832

Surface Dragon wrote:What is the legality of openly carrying a ghost(un-serialized, unregistered) firearm?

I know its legal to build your own firearm for personal use, as long as you can legally own a firearm.(80% lower/frame method)

I'm assuming that if you are allowed to own it you are also allowed to openly carry it, right?
are you talking about oc'ing an 80% build ar platform rifle?
 #97508  by brich2929

Or pistol?
 #97511  by Surface Dragon

I want to build an AR-15 first because its the cheapest and easiest but I don't plan on open carrying it. Then I would like to build something more challenging like an M1911-A1, Derringer, or possible a Sig M11 when I level-up my skills that I might open carry.

I also am interested in things like the AR-10, FN-FAL, FN-FNC, 9mm-AR, and/or a bunch of other totally rad firearms that I don't currently have the budget to even start thinking about getting.
 #97513  by brich2929

Ares Armor has 1911 lowers that you finish. No FFL needed. Just machining skill
 #97515  by Surface Dragon

The ares 1911 it half polymer but might be interesting.

I was thinking of checking out this place in PA called SARCO INC because they seem to have decent prices and a large selection of firearm stuff but I heard there 1911 frames need serious work done to make things fit/work.
Last edited by Surface Dragon on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.