Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #97516  by Surface Dragon

I just realized that the polymer80 AR lower comes from the same town that I just moved here from in cali. I'm totally going to have one of my friends swing by their shop for me.
 #97521  by TexasJay

There is a registration, albeit a highly inefficient one. Once a firearm is manufactured and has a serial number, the information (numbers, make, model etc) goes to the ATF, as well as info on which licensed FFL they distribute it to (same process on suppressors and other class 3 toys. From there, they look up who the firearm was sold to via the 4473 you fill out when purchasing. Now this is all done by paper, but it is there. That's why most of my guns were bought privately.

But ya know is the boys in blue ever come knocking, all I'll have to do is inform them about my tragic boating accident...
 #97523  by Fishhunter911

Seems a lot of us have survived boating accidents lately...
 #97524  by Kuntryboy816

Fishhunter911 wrote:Seems a lot of us have survived boating accidents lately...
It's the treacherous Delaware Bay! Are we Gloucestermen or are we Gloucestermen!! :|
 #97555  by brich2929

I don't even have a boat and still found myself victim to such an accident!
 #97572  by Jcastigl

I spoke with a friend of mine that is an ffl dealer and her said the firearm MUST be registered with the atf or you could go to jail
 #97574  by pick_six

i believe you can still find polymer 80% lowers. however, they are not "the poly80" style. those being the ones at the heart of the issue that arose lately out of cali.

specifically, the ones ATF did not object to are those where the receiver material is one piece of plastic and all the same color / texture / material. as opposed to the 2 tone, different color / material type that make the machining "so simple, event a liberal can do it" (a quite from the poly80 website)

i found poly lowers on slickguns, for about 75, including jig. the ones there are the one color/material type that the atf doesn't seem to get its shorts all knotted about. iirc, these were offered by a place called gunvault out of utah, near salt lake city.

dragon, are you near the oceanside place? or the other location? (i forget that one)

some of the 100%'s list that if shipped to cali, they are noted at shipping time as long guns. this is negative as you can not build them into ar pistols. otherwise, if you build as a pistol FIRST, you can convert to a rifle (notice i did not say sbr) and back as you wish. be careful in the process of changing.
Last edited by pick_six on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #97575  by Guard_Duck

The poly lowers the ATF are going after were built to close to 100%, and then filled in with the colored plastic. Back filled to 80% from 100%.

As for the pistol rifle. A stripped lower, whether a 100% transferred to you as a receiver or an 80% that you finish, can be built into either a pistol or a rifle. But once it's a rifle, it's ALWAYS a rifle. You CANNOT go back to a pistol from a rifle. But you can change a pistol to a rifle will no issues or paperwork.