Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #97573  by Jcastigl

I have been open carrying for almost a month now and last week I was in walmart in Middletown delaware. I of course made a beadline for the ammo section, there I ran into an ex county cop and struck up a conversation and my curiosity got to me I had to ask him about his eexperience with people openly carrying he then began explaing to me that he had arrested several people for openly carrying and then charged them I cant think of what he charged them for but he said it was because he felt a threat coming fron the people that open carryed I imagine these people never did anything to him but i could be wrong. I imagine that he was just doing this to be am A hole but I had to let you guys and girls on the site that these people are out there.
 #97576  by spillanej

Jcastigl wrote:I have been open carrying for almost a month now and last week I was in walmart in Middletown delaware. I of course made a beadline for the ammo section, there I ran into an ex county cop and struck up a conversation and my curiosity got to me I had to ask him about his eexperience with people openly carrying he then began explaing to me that he had arrested several people for openly carrying and then charged them I cant think of what he charged them for but he said it was because he felt a threat coming fron the people that open carryed I imagine these people never did anything to him but i could be wrong. I imagine that he was just doing this to be am A hole but I had to let you guys and girls on the site that these people are out there.
No they arent... that's a minimum of a six figure lawsuit.
 #97580  by Boots

P - U. The BS is strong in this one!
 #97581  by Jcastigl

I understand that the man I spoke with was completly bs' ing me but I just had to share my experience with everyone
 #97599  by Owen

They can can only frisk and disarm you if they have a Reasonable Articulable Suspicion
(RAS). Terry v. Ohio has info on this. Just open carrying is not RAS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_v._Ohio
 #97606  by Boots

There was an ex-cop at the Middletown Walmart that didn't know beans about DE law. I don't know if he's still there now.

He thought he knew it all since he used to be a cop in NY state! :roll:
 #97621  by stephpd

I'm surprised he didn't tell you he just shoots them on sight. :roll:
 #97648  by dave_in_delaware

... he had arrested several people for openly carrying and then charged them I cant think of what he charged them for but he said it was because he felt a threat coming fron the people that open carried....
Well, I guess we know why he's an EX cop now.
 #97649  by pick_six

probably retired with a pension and full health care, all of which are currently being paid by the same tax payers he would have arrested. ????
dave_in_delaware wrote:
... he had arrested several people for openly carrying and then charged them I cant think of what he charged them for but he said it was because he felt a threat coming fron the people that open carried....
Well, I guess we know why he's an EX cop now.