Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #97848  by Surface Dragon

You might also want to try contacting BLACKHAWK! to ask if they would be kind enough to donate promotional items.

http://www.blackhawk.com/downloads/stat ... actus.html

I would do it myself but I don't feel like I know enough info about where/how their promotional items will be distributed.

Calling/emailing Hornady, Sig Sauer, Ruger as well as other firearm/ammunition manufacturers might also be worth trying.

I'm also wondering if other open/concealed carry organizations/groups might be willing to help.
 #97855  by skip671

I have sent an email to JD Defense in Georgetown. That is where I took my concealed course. Was planning on contacting Fobus and Blackhawk. Also, Ruger and Hi-point in addition to Glock who I already emailed. Was also considering contacting Federal and Remington about personal defense ammo literature.
 #97856  by photog

Gentlemen, you're goals are admirable as well as you're desire to get the open carry word out there. Please be advised that any booths or information that is put out there cannot have the DELOC name or logo without the expressed permission of our own Wynder, who is the sole owner of the DELOC name and all images associated with DELOC.

We moderators, (scampbell3 and I, as well as our wives) have ran the booth at Punkin Chunkin for many years with a vast amount of positive feedback. We are planning to represent DELOC this year at other events. (More on that later) All of which has been approved by Wynder. Please understand, we are not trying to dissuade anyone from spreading the word, just to inform you of the legalities involved......

Have a nice day!
photog 8-)
 #97858  by skip671

My intent was never to put the DELOC name to this endeavor nor imply that DELOC had any interest in it. As a private pursuit, I thought that this forum would be the most logical place to toss around ideas and possibly find some willing volunteers. Now, should DELOC like to assist in this, their help would be greatly appreciated and I would welcome any guidance, literature, information, etc. they would be willing to provide.
 #99750  by skip671

As assumed, DELOC does not appear so much interested in getting the word out about open carry as it is trying to grow it's own interests. Months ago I started this thread. With the exception of a couple of members who put forth some ideas, the only response posted by any of DELOC's principles or moderators was a condescending little diatribe aimed at quelling interest in others' trying to act on their own (though he tries to cover that with his add-on statement) by implying that somehow we would infringe on DELOC's name or piggyback on it's coattails. Well, it obviously worked. After the moderator's wagging finger of legal bullying, all activity on the thread stopped. Members were appropriately subdued to protect the name, DELOC. In actuality it was not to protect the name, but I assume, the fund raising. If DELOC was genuine about wanting to get the word out, they would have welcomed my suggestion and even been interested in taking me up on my request for their help and assistance.
 #99752  by Kuntryboy816

From what I read, it does not sound as if anyone was dissuading you from your purposes. It was meant to inform you that you need to ask Wynder if it's ok. Have you done so? Instead of waiting for the principles & moderators -> (who have no say in the matter of your req, as was previously stated, by a moderator no less) to reach out to you, why don't you reach out to Wynder directly and make a pre-emptive contact as was suggested. What have you done to effect your request? If you've reached out w/o any response then do so again. Sometimes things get lost in the daily hustle and bustle of life. Exhaust your means of effectively contacting Wynder if you have not done so already.

IMO, it's pretty harsh to come onto the forum and berate DELOC unfairly. At no piont was any reply to your thread condescending, bullyish or done with mal intent. I'm not sure how you even come to that implication from the posts rendered. It seems that you're upset b/c you haven't received ,in your opinion, an adequate response. If you want permission, go about it the right way. If you want more participation, keep bumping the thread so it doesn't get knocked down the list by other threads so more people will see it. You seem pretty passionate about our OC cause and I applaud you for that. Your interests and DELOC's interests are the same. Sometimes different paths have to be taken to reach the same goal. Just don't forget that there are a lot of others here who support the same cause even though they may not be as vocal or involved. Maybe in some way I can help and I'll let ya know. Wishing you the best with this!
 #99753  by NCC

skip671 wrote:As assumed, DELOC does not appear so much interested in getting the word out about open carry as it is trying to grow it's own interests. Months ago I started this thread. With the exception of a couple of members who put forth some ideas, the only response posted by any of DELOC's principles or moderators was a condescending little diatribe aimed at quelling interest in others' trying to act on their own (though he tries to cover that with his add-on statement) by implying that somehow we would infringe on DELOC's name or piggyback on it's coattails. Well, it obviously worked. After the moderator's wagging finger of legal bullying, all activity on the thread stopped. Members were appropriately subdued to protect the name, DELOC. In actuality it was not to protect the name, but I assume, the fund raising. If DELOC was genuine about wanting to get the word out, they would have welcomed my suggestion and even been interested in taking me up on my request for their help and assistance.
Sorry! Did I miss the message where you asked DELOC to join you in this endeavor? Or the one where you asked DELOC if you could use their name in this effort?

All you were told was to do one of these two things before using this site's name in YOUR efforts.
 #99755  by harr2969

Yeah dude, just ask Wynder. I wouldn't mind having some cards I could hand out myself, just on a day to day basis, but I don't open carry enough to have brought it up.