Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #98158  by Chizult

I've never been a huge fan of OC, though I do acknowledge it's benefits (and I do love that it's legal in the state and so many of you take advantage and exercise your right to do so). I've applied for my CCW and will mainly be carrying concealed.

I'm interested in carrying partially concealed, either OWB with a shirt covering the grip of the gun and most of the holster or IWB with the grip of the gun uncovered. This fits with my current style of clothes that I have to wear every day for work and will be easy for me to put on/take off the gun with a paddle holster or belt clips. It also gives me a lot of the advantages of OC without the whole gun hanging out there (I imagine most folks won't even realize I'm carrying with either way I mentioned).

My main concern is being hassled by the police, although I imagine with a CCW permit and the OC law in DE I'm perfectly legal in doing what I've laid out. What are your thoughts on the idea?
 #98161  by NCC

No opinion, but you are legal if you have a CCW.

I carry concealed, but do not worry too much about it staying concealed or if a paddle holster I wear today bulges out under my un-tucked shirt. With all the crap people wear on the belts today it probably looks like a geek holster for a cell phone, or car keys clicked to a belt loop anyway.

I think OC is fine for those that want to do it, and it is not illegal in DE. I got the CCW so that I could hide it away, but as I said, if you see it when I hitch my pants up or bend over to pick up something, I am OK with that.

I actually had an encounter once where the wind blowing my jacket back revealing the Fobus and its contents caused the other guy to jump right back in his truck before he started any sh|t. I never did anything, I merely kept on filling my gas tank.

As he jumped out of the truck it was kinda funny watching his expression go from "I'm gonna kick this guy's @$$" to "Oh SH|T! The old guy has a GUN!" as he jumped right back into the truck. He never got more that 2 steps from the truck.
 #98179  by Chizult

NCC wrote:No opinion, but you are legal if you have a CCW.

With all the crap people wear on the belts today it probably looks like a geek holster for a cell phone, or car keys clicked to a belt loop anyway.
That was my thought/hope as well.

Thanks for your input...
 #98180  by Amy Blackthorn

Delaware is an OC state. Even if you aren't a fan, partial concealment (with CCDW) gives you some of the best of both worlds.
 #98203  by radnor

Chizult wrote:
NCC wrote:No opinion, but you are legal if you have a CCW.

With all the crap people wear on the belts today it probably looks like a geek holster for a cell phone, or car keys clicked to a belt loop anyway.
That was my thought/hope as well.

Thanks for your input...
IMO, MOST of the public is clueless! They will never see it.
 #98210  by stephpd

This what many call casual carry. Kinda concealed, but not really.
As long as you have a CCDW you're good to go.

I'm kinda this way with the vest I wear. Even when I'm Ocing the vest can and usually does cover some or all of the gun. Same goes for jackets.

My biggest problem with IWB carry is twofold. It always hurts. And my pants fall down if I draw the gun.
 #98212  by Fishhunter911

stephpd wrote:This what many call casual carry. Kinda concealed, but not really.
As long as you have a CCDW you're good to go.

I'm kinda this way with the vest I wear. Even when I'm Ocing the vest can and usually does cover some or all of the gun. Same goes for jackets.

My biggest problem with IWB carry is twofold. It always hurts. And my pants fall down if I draw the gun.
Money winner there!!!