Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #99215  by David

You really should investigate these things for yourself and make your own conclusions rather than relying on the opinions of others in a public forum.

http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c00 ... ndex.shtml

§ 1457 Possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone; class D, E, or F felony; class A or B misdemeanor.

For what its worth, there is no mention of CCDW in the code above. There is also no mention of open carry (legal or otherwise).
 #99216  by stephpd

David wrote:You really should investigate these things for yourself and make your own conclusions rather than relying on the opinions of others in a public forum.

http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c00 ... ndex.shtml

§ 1457 Possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone; class D, E, or F felony; class A or B misdemeanor.

For what its worth, there is no mention of CCDW in the code above. There is also no mention of open carry (legal or otherwise).
Yes there is, right at the beginning;

(a) Any person who commits any of the offenses described in subsection (b) of this section, or any juvenile who possesses a firearm or other deadly weapon, and does so while in or on a "Safe School and Recreation Zone" shall be guilty of the crime of possession of a weapon in a Safe School and Recreation Zone.

(b) The underlying offenses in Title 11 shall be:

(1) Section 1442. — Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

(2) Section 1444. — Possessing a destructive weapon; class E felony.

(3) Section 1446. — Unlawfully dealing with a switchblade knife; unclassified misdemeanor.

(4) Section 1448. — Possession and purchase of deadly weapons by persons prohibited; class F felony.

(5) Section 1452. — Unlawfully dealing with knuckles-combination knife; class B misdemeanor.

(6) Section 1453. — Unlawfully dealing with martial arts throwing star; class B misdemeanor.

The underlying offense would be 1442;

§ 1442 Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by § 1441 of this title.

Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony

By having a CCDW you can't be charged with 1442. And thus not guilty of an underlying offense of 1457.
 #99218  by harr2969

David wrote:You really should investigate these things for yourself and make your own conclusions rather than relying on the opinions of others in a public forum.
While in general I agree that 'the internet' can be a source of misinformation - the whole point of this forum is to clarify firearms related questions as they relate to Delaware. If misinformation is given here, my experience is that it WILL be corrected. I typically read every post, and will be among the first to do so, and many others as well.
 #99220  by dbickpg

to David.."You really should investigate these things for yourself and make your own conclusions rather than relying on the opinions of others in a public forum."

That post was rude and assuming. If that logic was in any way valid, there would be no need for teachers. Students could just read the books and know everything. For your information, I did read the code and have formed opinions. I simply was looking for other's opinions on the matter. It's called educating yourself. Thanks to the other posters who are truly trying to help!