Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #99983  by Gregthewelder

Hello guys I'm new to the forum and have been reading alot on oc logs etc. I have asked a few people and read laws on open carry. I just want to do it right. I own a small welding company and work in all parts of the state good and bad. I have had an incident where someone wanted to take my mobile rig. Ever since then I wanted too conceal carry. Truth be told I feel like open carry would be a way to go. I do not ever want to use it but having an open carry I feel like would deter people over concealed. I talked to a few people about not to carry it within 1000 ft of schools... my biggest thing is how do I carry it when I'm driving. .. Most of my stops are at jobs and supplies. And wawa lol and I would feel comfortable with that. So how do you open carry In a vehicle. And any other suggestions would you say. I am a young guy and own a pistol. Also grew up around gun safety my whole life. Thanks
 #99984  by harr2969

As long as you have a ccdw, you fall within an exception in the (so called) federal gun free school zone act - while you're in the state which issued it, so you would be allowed. That's been discussed lots of times if you take a look around you'll see more details in other threads. Welcome to the forum!
 #99985  by Gregthewelder

Thank you for the invite! I am currently hunting down plenty of threads on this forum and still running down oc laws. I would rather do it right then be sorry later. Sadly enough I do not have a concealed carry. Which in the future I would like to have. If I decide to open carry or not
 #99987  by soundman2345

At the top of the forums page there are links for Delaware firearms laws and open carry brochure. Good places to start. Welcome.