Post questions here about open and concealed carry, as well as general law questions.
 #100726  by Dave in DE

Is it permissible to O/C in bomb bay hook?
 #100747  by Kuntryboy816

I've only carried there while hunting and that was my shotgun. It is a National Wildlife Refuge so I would guess that you'd need to reference federal gun law... not sure about state law. I'll do some research and see if I can find an answer.
 #100748  by Kuntryboy816

From their website:

http://www.fws.gov/refuge/Bombay_Hook/v ... tions.html

Prohibited Activities

•Feeding, capturing or releasing animals.
•Collecting, removing, disturbing, injuring, or destroying plants, animals, or objects of antiquity or any other natural object alive or dead.
•The use of mechanical or electronic devices to lure or attract wildlife.
•Unleashed pets and other domestic animals including horses.
•Fishing or crabbing from refuge roads, trails, or lands.
•Fires, fireworks, camping, overnight stays.
•Off road vehicles, blocking traffic on roads and at gates.
•Swimming, water skiing.
•Geochaching or digging, burying or disturbing the ground.
The use or possession of unauthorized weapons. Target shooting. Firearms are prohibited in all federal buildings.
•Entering or remaining on the refuge while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances or consuming alcoholic beverages.
•Soliciting, advertising, or conducting a commercial enterprise.
•Trapping.
•Littering.

My firearm is authorized by the 2A as well as DE state law... so does that count?? Researching further.....
 #100749  by Kuntryboy816

http://www.myreporter.com/2013/02/with- ... nal-parks/

Reynolds referred to Sec. 512 of P.L. 111-24, a provision of the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009, which was passed by Congress and signed by President Obama in May 2009.

“It directs the National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to follow the applicable state and local laws regarding the possession of firearms, open and concealed carry, in national parks and national wildlife refuges,” Reynolds said.
 #100750  by Kuntryboy816

http://www.nps.gov/policy/section512.pdf

Text of Section 512, P.L. 111-24, Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009, 123 Stat. 1764-65 § 512 SEC. 512. PROTECTING AMERICANS FROM VIOLENT CRIME. (a) Congressional Findings- Congress finds the following:
(1) The Second Amendment to the Constitution provides that `the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed'.
(2) Section 2.4(a)(1) of title 36, Code of Federal Regulations, provides that `except as otherwise provided in this section and parts 7 (special regulations) and 13 (Alaska regulations), the following are prohibited: (i) Possessing a weapon, trap or net (ii) Carrying a weapon, trap or net (iii) Using a weapon, trap or net'.
(3) Section 27.42 of title 50, Code of Federal Regulations, provides that, except in special circumstances, citizens of the United States may not `possess, use, or transport firearms on national wildlife refuges' of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.
(4) The regulations described in paragraphs (2) and (3) prevent individuals complying with Federal and State laws from exercising the second amendment rights of the individuals while at units of-- (A) the National Park System; and (B) the National Wildlife Refuge System.
(5) The existence of different laws relating to the transportation and possession of firearms at different units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System entrapped law-abiding gun owners while at units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System.
(6) Although the Bush administration issued new regulations relating to the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens in units of the National Park System and National Wildlife Refuge System that went into effect on January 9, 2009-- (A) on March 19, 2009, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia granted a preliminary injunction with respect to the implementation and enforcement of the new regulations; and (B) the new regulations-- (i) are under review by the administration; and (ii) may be altered.
(7) Congress needs to weigh in on the new regulations to ensure that unelected bureaucrats and judges cannot again override the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens on 83,600,000 acres of National Park System land and 90,790,000 acres of land under the jurisdiction of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.
(8) The Federal laws should make it clear that the second amendment rights of an individual at a unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System should not be infringed.

(b) Protecting the Right of Individuals To Bear arms in Units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System- The Secretary of the Interior shall not promulgate or enforce any regulation that prohibits an individual from possessing a firearm including an assembled or functional firearm in any unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System if--
(1) the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the firearm; and
(2) the possession of the firearm is in compliance with the law of the State in which the unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System is located.
 #100751  by Dugan

Kuntryboy816 wrote:http://www.nps.gov/policy/section512.pdf

Text of Section 512, P.L. 111-24, Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009, 123 Stat. 1764-65 § 512 SEC. 512. PROTECTING AMERICANS FROM VIOLENT CRIME. (a) Congressional Findings- Congress finds the following:
(1) The Second Amendment to the Constitution provides that `the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed'.
(2) Section 2.4(a)(1) of title 36, Code of Federal Regulations, provides that `except as otherwise provided in this section and parts 7 (special regulations) and 13 (Alaska regulations), the following are prohibited: (i) Possessing a weapon, trap or net (ii) Carrying a weapon, trap or net (iii) Using a weapon, trap or net'.
(3) Section 27.42 of title 50, Code of Federal Regulations, provides that, except in special circumstances, citizens of the United States may not `possess, use, or transport firearms on national wildlife refuges' of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.
(4) The regulations described in paragraphs (2) and (3) prevent individuals complying with Federal and State laws from exercising the second amendment rights of the individuals while at units of-- (A) the National Park System; and (B) the National Wildlife Refuge System.
(5) The existence of different laws relating to the transportation and possession of firearms at different units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System entrapped law-abiding gun owners while at units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System.
(6) Although the Bush administration issued new regulations relating to the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens in units of the National Park System and National Wildlife Refuge System that went into effect on January 9, 2009-- (A) on March 19, 2009, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia granted a preliminary injunction with respect to the implementation and enforcement of the new regulations; and (B) the new regulations-- (i) are under review by the administration; and (ii) may be altered.
(7) Congress needs to weigh in on the new regulations to ensure that unelected bureaucrats and judges cannot again override the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens on 83,600,000 acres of National Park System land and 90,790,000 acres of land under the jurisdiction of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.
(8) The Federal laws should make it clear that the second amendment rights of an individual at a unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System should not be infringed.

(b) Protecting the Right of Individuals To Bear arms in Units of the National Park System and the National Wildlife Refuge System- The Secretary of the Interior shall not promulgate or enforce any regulation that prohibits an individual from possessing a firearm including an assembled or functional firearm in any unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System if--
(1) the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the firearm; and
(2) the possession of the firearm is in compliance with the law of the State in which the unit of the National Park System or the National Wildlife Refuge System is located.

Is this a bill? or is it law? Because if its law that right there saves you from the stupid delaware park crap.
 #100753  by Kuntryboy816

Dugan wrote:Is this a bill? or is it law? Because if its law that right there saves you from the stupid delaware park crap.
I'm pretty sure that the source is from Federal law. Even so, it wouldn't cover parks at a state, county or city level jurisdiction, only National Parks and Refuges.
 #100761  by harr2969

My understanding is that Federal law now follows state law with regard to firearms on the national park land, excepting the buildings on that land.
That is essentially what I see in the text above right at the end.