Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #24246  by Godasmypilot

A friend of mine gave me a bunch of 7.62X54R brass which is real dinged up from him shooting his PSL in a concrete-walled underground range. I'd like to fire form it for reloading, what's the procedure? Thanks.
 #24290  by desteve811

First you would have to fully resize brass, reload them and fire them threw the gun you want to shoot them in. Then you want to just neck size the brass (do not full size!) Once this is done you would have to fire these threw the same weapon.
 #24292  by Godasmypilot

desteve811 wrote:First you would have to fully resize brass, reload them and fire them threw the gun you want to shoot them in. Then you want to just neck size the brass (do not full size!) Once this is done you would have to fire these threw the same weapon.
Here's the problem, some of the shoulders are dinged in, I don't think resizing them in a die would be good. What I was more asking for was what powder and an approximate measure amount to use for resizing. Also, I've heard of a cream of wheat and shotshell powder fireforming process, does anyone do that?
 #24296  by desteve811

[/quote]Here's the problem, some of the shoulders are dinged in, I don't think resizing them in a die would be good. What I was more asking for was what powder and an approximate measure amount to use for resizing. Also, I've heard of a cream of wheat and shotshell powder fireforming process, does anyone do that?[/quote]

"dinged" shoulders arent a problem, they will come out when you fire them. Just put a generous amount of case lube on brass and run them threw the sizer die. What ever dents are left will most likely come out once you fire them. Ive heard of the cream of wheat process awhile ago but never really looked into it. sry. Might be some YouTube videos on the fireforming process.
 #24297  by Godasmypilot

Thanks Steve, I'll just go ahead and form them through reloading then.