Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #27171  by radnor

Personally, I saved $12.88. (More reloading supplies!)

When I go to bed, plug in tumbler.
When I get up, unplug tumbler.

Don't hear a thing when I sleep.
 #27248  by Godasmypilot

radnor wrote:Personally, I saved $12.88. (More reloading supplies!)

When I go to bed, plug in tumbler.
When I get up, unplug tumbler.

Don't hear a thing when I sleep.
I know it's being kind of nitpicky and it's on an OCD level of attention to detail, but there is such a thing as over polishing your brass. It wears it out faster. For instance, the directions for my tumbler say two hours max. My tumbler could go all night, but the brass has most of the crud off in two hours. And if it's not perfect in two hours the manual suggest moving up to walnut shell media instead of corncob. If you have really icky brass and you use ceramic media don't let it stay in there so long! It may be low tech (and it kinda leads to confusion and mayhem when there's something in there), but I just use the oven timer for brass if I'm doing something else while tumbling my brass.
 #27253  by myopicvisionary

I use walnut and I let it run all night in the garage.
 #27274  by stephpd

Mine runs overnight in the basement. Biggest thing I did to improve it was to put a cardboard box over it to make it quieter. 6-8 hours with walnut shells (rabbit litter at Petsmart) and a cap full of nu finish car polish.
 #27298  by Jason

make a Masonite box line it with foam egg crate and it will be sooo quiet..

#27303  by stephpd

Jason wrote:make a Masonite box line it with foam egg crate and it will be sooo quiet..

Little OCD? I thought my cardboard box was a bit much. But it did quite it down to a level lower then the background noise of all the traffic from I-495.
 #27310  by Jason

stephpd wrote:
Jason wrote:make a Masonite box line it with foam egg crate and it will be sooo quiet..

Little OCD? I thought my cardboard box was a bit much. But it did quite it down to a level lower then the background noise of all the traffic from I-495.
haha ....Mine is in the detached garage lol i don't care how loud it is haha