Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #40974  by bluedog46

does anyone sell reloaded 9mm loads. if its good i am intreted in trying it out. i might just start reloading myself
 #40976  by myopicvisionary

Sorry, but I don't sell any ammunition I reload. Go ahead and get started in reloading yourself, you won't be sorry.
 #40979  by Condition1

I recommend reloading your own, but if you really want to buy reloads:

BVAC: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM4212-1.html
Luckygunner: http://www.luckygunner.com/m-b-i-9mm-am ... mjmbi-1000

Here is some cheap (literally cheap) not reloads I found when searching for 9mm ammo (I would not buy or shoot these through my guns though)
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/am9m105.aspx
 #40981  by bluedog46

Thanks. That is a great site with some really good deals. I dont think i will shoot steel cased ammo though. I know most ranges wont allow it and i dont want to mess up my glock. I must say i am really attached to it.

I would reload my own, but my wife has put a ban on me doing something like that for fear of blowing up the house :(
 #40987  by stephpd

Most folks won't sell reloads, due to liability issues.

And I'm not positive but blowing up the house seems impossible. Today's gunpowder aren't even classified as explosives, they are propellants. Not much more then wood (nitrocellulose) with a particular burn rate. It might be possible to set off a primer but outside, and away from the powder, it doesn't make much more then a loud bang.
 #41019  by radnor

I dont think you have to worry about the house either... My bench is 5 feet away from my water heater (electric) and just a few feet from that is my heater (oil). You're not working with gasoline (which is outside in the shed far away from the house btw)....

I will not sell reloads either, as stated above. A friend wanted to reload some. I did show him the process and he reloaded his own on my equipment. But I did not pull the handle, he did. He did 200 rounds and we went to DSPC at midnight and shot them. Since I was watching his every move, reached into the bag and loaded a mag and shot them without a second thought. Next day he came over and did 800 more.

If you get into reloading, NO DISTRACTIONS! No radio, tv, phone - nothing.
 #41021  by bluedog46

what would you say it would cost to reload 50 shells if i borrowed equipment and had my own brass. I also think i found one guy that can get me some for $8 or $9 if that is a good price.
 #41025  by radnor

It all depends on what you sit on top of the brass.....

Prices are close.
Powder 1lb (7000 grains) $20.00
Primers (1000) $25.00*
Bullet** (1000) $72.00

Powder I use is W231 (4.4 per). So a lb of powder will make 1590 rounds. Or 0.0125 cents per round. Primers 0.025 ea. Bullet 0.072 ea. So a round cost me 0.1095 each or $5.475 for 50.

I think the $20 for powder is a little high. The $25 for primers may be a little low. I get my powder and primers from a friend who is a FFL. He passes them on to me at his cost (PLUS NO HAZ MAT FEES!). The bullet price is right on. Want that price lower? Sure.... Shoot lead bullet. GUESSING, you could get 1K of lead bullets about $50 or so. Want it even LOWER?!? Cast your own bullets from lead.

The ONLY cost savings you will see the the cost per 50. Will you save money? DONT THINK SO. I know you are saying but, but, I pay more than that now for new. True, but you will most likely shoot MORE!

Hope this helps.
 #41034  by myopicvisionary

Reloading will save you money. And it will save you more money as you go up in caliber. When you start loading .30 caliber rifle rounds, the savings are huge! Now whether or not you save some of your savings(gift for her) or just shoot alot more is up to you.
 #41036  by Condition1

bluedog46 wrote:what would you say it would cost to reload 50 shells if i borrowed equipment and had my own brass. I also think i found one guy that can get me some for $8 or $9 if that is a good price.
The savings of reloading comes from the shells, the whole point of reloading. The more shells you have the more savings. I never buy powder or primers online because of the hazmat fees, I find it cheaper to get from X-Ring. Also, my reloadings are a little more expensive because I don't use lead bullets, I get my bullets from Berry's (http://www.berrysmfg.com/) - nothing wrong with the lead, I just don't want to have it around.